Moss Lane (7mm Micro-Layout) NOW SOLD

georgeT

55 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Yeah, the castings are shall we say a little rough round the edges & not really worth the £65 asking price. Steve is doing some of his road vehicles in 3D printed Resin and they look much better, here's hoping he'll do the National too and it may be worth the price tag!

Thanks Al, As l said l met him at Bristol and he showed me the national he was working on and l was not impressed at all, as it was all buckled  up and the casting were rough...l have bought 2 more RTs another red one and a Green line one...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, georgeT said:

Thanks Al, As l said l met him at Bristol and he showed me the national he was working on and l was not impressed at all, as it was all buckled  up and the casting were rough...l have bought 2 more RTs another red one and a Green line one...

George if you want a single decker there is always the 1:43 Weyman Fanfare from Oxford Diecast

Oxford Diecast Website

This is the Southdown but they also do the South Wales version. I think we were all hoping this would be the start of a bigger range but so far they don't seem that interested. 

Paul R

58 minutes ago, pwr said:

George if you want a single decker there is always the 1:43 Weyman Fanfare from Oxford Diecast

Oxford Diecast Website

This is the Southdown but they also do the South Wales version. I think we were all hoping this would be the start of a bigger range but so far they don't seem that interested. 

Paul R

Hi Paul and thanks for the input, l have got the Southdown version which is great, but my love is double deckers of London transport l now have three RTs 2 red and 1 green, so what l need now is a supplier of 7mm bus tranfers to put them into the mid 70s. Regards...

6 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Hi Paul and thanks for the input, l have got the Southdown version which is great, but my love is double deckers of London transport l now have three RTs 2 red and 1 green, so what l need now is a supplier of 7mm bus tranfers to put them into the mid 70s. Regards...

I have to confess I have not been able to source any transfers in this scale either. I wanted some Eastern National but think I may have to resort to making my own with Crafty transfer print at home decal paper.

Paul R

4 minutes ago, pwr said:

I have to confess I have not been able to source any transfers in this scale either. I wanted some Eastern National but think I may have to resort to making my own with Crafty transfer print at home decal paper.

Paul R

Sounds very interesting Paul. take care  Regards

Re transfers, if you have some pictures/artwork you could talk to some of the custom transfer makers? I used Steadfast models (Jo is on RMweb as "Steadfast") to produce the transfers on the door of the 7mm Bedford lorry below based on some pictures etc that I had, they are some of the best transfers I have worked with to apply as well:20201231_064454.jpg.67d4f5b039460be31c9582c37c7847d1.jpg.edc76bd5506f714bb330469406d232c9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, D6775 said:

This has been my go to for bus info but its mostly 4mm unfortunately, might be able to find shat you're after. http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/index.html

Thanks Al, lt would be nice if some manufacturer would realise the interest being shown in O gauge now and build some modern type double deckers, oh well l can dream, take care mate,  Regards...

• Agree 1

Spooky, I've been storing my stock in plastic cracker boxes but recently purchased some adjustable [break to length] drawer divides.  Just now looking for a more suitable size box wood or plastic to make up my store trays. 

Not felt covered but good enough for me.

Best

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Spooky, I've been storing my stock in plastic cracker boxes but recently purchased some adjustable [break to length] drawer divides.  Just now looking for a more suitable size box wood or plastic to make up my store trays. 

Not felt covered but good enough for me.

Best

Hello Barnaby,  The big bug l have with O gauge is the packaging (l know we have to have it) but its so big and with it comes the problem of storing it all, l had shelves full of empty wagon boxes so l made a decision to bin the lot, (not the loco boxes) with the new storage boxes l can store up to 12 (short) wagons safely, and the locos l can fit 4 (Class 47) in easily, nice to have some space back.  Regards 

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Boxes look useful George, didn't you have similar in OO many years ago?

Hello Andy, Yes l did, so much better than loads of boxes, l think Peter BB bought them all from me ?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 11/05/2021 at 09:14, 37114 said:

Yep, the yellow band needs to go as well, by 1979 they had the white LT roundel applied.  The wheel trims at the back had been binned by then as well although you may want to overlook that.

Most of my books are earlier but I've not seen a photo of an RT in anything other than the usual livery including 1328 at Crystal Palace in 1977. Pretty tatty, faded red, off white band, gold lettering. Wheels dark crud! Black cover on the bottom 1/3 of the rad.

Given preserved then tend to be the earlier livery, I think you can get away with it either way 

Edited by Hal Nail

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Made some progress on the station building, not sure what l want but have loads of ideas floating around the bonce...

IMG_9076.JPG

IMG_9073.JPG

That's coming on well George, very nice.:good:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Barnaby said:

That station building go together is superb George.

Best

Thanks for that Barnaby, trying to come up with some sort of warehouse / factory in the back ground.

• Like 2

George,

Moss Lane developing really well. It keeps tempting me to make some form of shunting plank.

Those boxes look very handy. I will have a look at those next time I am at Brookside.

Ian.

14 minutes ago, Ian Major said:

George,

Moss Lane developing really well. It keeps tempting me to make some form of shunting plank.

Those boxes look very handy. I will have a look at those next time I am at Brookside.

Ian.

Hello lan, Yes the boxes are great so much better than carrying loads of different boxes about, you say you fancy a shunting plank? thats what Moss Lane is all about just moving locos and a few wagon around fiddle to fiddle, l did think of a small BLT in steam days, but you get two coaches on and you are full up ? soon scrapped that idea. Hahahaha hopefully see you next Sunday at Marks...

• Like 2