Moss Lane (7mm Micro-Layout) NOW SOLD

georgeT

Building some kind of factory / warehouse for the background at Moss Lane...having stuck the windows in from behind, then a coat of red primer...

IMG_9098.JPG

IMG_9099.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 10

I think I need a crash course in building buildings George! Your scratch building is starting to inspire me. Firt night back in our two man club I've done the basic structure for a bridge. Will see how it fairs over the next few weeks. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that Al, l never have plans, just a rough idea what l want normally comes together in the end, will post more pictures of the build as l go.   Ps l see we share the same surname. Regards

• Like 2

11 hours ago, georgeT said:

Thanks for that Al, l never have plans, just a rough idea what l want normally comes together in the end, will post more pictures of the build as l go.   Ps l see we share the same surname. Regards

That’s the way to do it George.....I call it build and design in other words make it up as you go :crazy_mini:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gismorail said:

That’s the way to do it George.....I call it build and design in other words make it up as you go :crazy_mini:

Hi Martin, lt's the only way to go l think as well, no plans drawn then you can't go wrong ? Hahahaha hope to meet up soon Regards

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jcarta said:

It's coming together really nicely George, what thickness plastic are you using?

Jim

Hi Jim, lt's actually foamex pvc board 3mm & 5mm and is great to work and super glued together...  Regards

• Like 1

On 19/05/2021 at 21:21, georgeT said:

Ha Ha! Yes we do! 

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Any new progress on the Layout?

Hello Andy, Been searching for the electrical pods you see on the third rail down south, as l want to add some into 'ML' also l have tried to repair a badly built 7mm Bulleid MN chassis, but the best thing was to blow it apart and start again, little jobs like that take forever ?  Hahahaha.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Looked really nice in the box, but l was not very happy with the weathering when l got it home, at nearly 200 hundred pounds you would expect a better finish ? so l have started trying to remove the awful finish and do it myself, lesson learned ALWAYS INSPECT BEFORE YOU BUY !!! live and learn...

IMG_9140.JPG

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Personally I don't have much time for factory weathered stuff and prefer to do it myself - albeit I have a large stock portfolio that needs doing!  I tend to weather things that I have built as I finish the painting which I why the RTR stuff sits there still waiting!

Paul R

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, pwr said:

Personally I don't have much time for factory weathered stuff and prefer to do it myself - albeit I have a large stock portfolio that needs doing!  I tend to weather things that I have built as I finish the painting which I why the RTR stuff sits there still waiting!

Paul R

Cheers Paul l know what you mean, l just expected more for the money, l don't know if the used an airbrush even, as it looks like they have wiped it on, awful...

1 minute ago, georgeT said:

Cheers Paul l know what you mean, l just expected more for the money, l don't know if the used an airbrush even, as it looks like they have wiped it on, awful...

George

I have seen some of the weathered Hornby OO locos and hey have simply sprayed them without turning the wheels so there is a gap in the weathering where the coupling rods were placed. Poor. As you say you would expect more for the extra money you pay.

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hello George.

I thought the weathering on that GUV was not up to your usual high standards. It looked like a child with chocolate (or worse) covered fingers had been fondling it.  It was a relief to find out it wasn't your work.:)

Ian.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ian Major said:

Hello George.

I thought the weathering on that GUV was not up to your usual high standards. It looked like a child with chocolate (or worse) covered fingers had been fondling it.  It was a relief to find out it wasn't your work.:)

Ian.

Thanks lan, l just thought it would save me the effort, but it has given me another job to do....

• Friendly/supportive 1

That GUV is pretty atrocious, weathering isn't really my thing, but I think even I could do a better job. Some of the weathered 33012's we're pretty pour too, must depend who is on weathering in the factory on the day your item passes through! No sign of that new 33 you've been teasing us with?

• Agree 1