Moss Lane (7mm Micro-Layout) NOW SOLD

georgeT

32 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

Looking at that, I might need to include some on my next layout? Or at least photo plank

Thanks lan, as l love the class 73 (when they appear) l thought it would need to add some sort of power, the dummy third rail is not 100% correct but it looks the part ?

• Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

4 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Now theres a thought Paul, but not that clever, Hahaha

If I could crack the bogies I would give a 74 a shot.

That was my problem with my APT-E project but I now have a full set of 3D printed 7mm bogies for it so I am making a start after 30 years since I first contemplated it.

Paul R

1 hour ago, pwr said:

If I could crack the bogies I would give a 74 a shot.

That was my problem with my APT-E project but I now have a full set of 3D printed 7mm bogies for it so I am making a start after 30 years since I first contemplated it.

Paul R

Well you can't rush these things, Hahaha

• Funny 3

The 4f tender is now complete as 90% was already built by lan, all l had to do was remove the coal bars from around the tender as the loco l am building didn't have any, make some repairs to the steps, then give the tender a real good wash / scrub and prime in red, l prefer red to grey as the black seems to have a better finish with the red ?. 

DSC07457.JPG

DSC07459.JPG

• Like 8

Spot on lan, Good old BR weathered Black, after spending most of the day painting yesterday l took 44409 to Preston last night for her maiden voyage, not 100% happy so shes in the workshop today for some major adjustments, the heavy weathering will have to wait...

DSC07467.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

13 hours ago, georgeT said:

Spot on lan, Good old BR weathered Black, after spending most of the day painting yesterday l took 44409 to Preston last night for her maiden voyage, not 100% happy so shes in the workshop today for some major adjustments, the heavy weathering will have to wait...

DSC07467.JPG

Looks bloody gorgeous mate, well done.:good:

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, georgeT said:

Thanks Andy / lan, l will have to replace the motor as the one fitted is very noisy, l have done everything l know, oil etc etc but no good ? ...

Thats a pain as you'll need to dismantle it again!

Whats it got in it an 1833?

Paul R

• Agree 1

Hi Paul, Yes it is 1833 as l was taking apart l noticed that the motor securing screws were vere loose, so l put that right, it now runs so muck better now, l am round Marks today so will give her another good run, l hope to keep the motor in as l will hopefully get away with a OO sound chip ?

?

• Like 3

Good move - much cheaper option!

Its the cost of the sound chips that puts me off going DCC - I have too many locos although I was impressed with the way that Hornby Magazine piggy backed a Hornby TTS sound chip in parallel with a Zimo chip in a Heljan 40. 

Paul R

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1