Moss Lane (7mm Micro-Layout) NOW SOLD

georgeT

On 03/04/2021 at 20:13, Andrew P said:

The Signals look good mate, will look much better once you've wielded your soldering iron. 

Cheers Andy, Looking forward to having a crack at the signals soon...

• Like 1

Now at the point when l have to choose the ballast, the one l am using this time is for meant for OO and it seems to fit the bill nicely ? also all the point rodding push / pull  bits are complete now thanks to a helping hand from lan Hallworth.

The main bit of interest to me is fitting all the paraphernalia along the trackside, its amazing how many cabinets / wires / cables there are when you look...

DSC07333.JPG

DSC07334.JPG

• Like 15

Looking really good mate, I know you TOLD ME to get on and add some Cabinets and Trunking to Seven Mills this morning, now I think I might just get on and do it.

Stunning work so fat, keep it going George.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, jcarta said:

The ballast certainly looks the part .... Will yo weather the sleepers once the ballast has set?

Jim

Hi Jim, l know everyone has different ideas on ballasting and painting, with me l like to airbrush over the whole lot when everything has dried out...

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Looking really good mate, I know you TOLD ME to get on and add some Cabinets and Trunking to Seven Mills this morning, now I think I might just get on and do it.

Stunning work so fat, keep it going George.:good:

Hi Andy, That's what l enjoy most of all is putting cabinets etc etc, with loads of pipe's and cables and many other things to make the picture complete...

• Like 4

George that is my preferred method of lay down and painting my track and ballast too.  It's just not how I'd been advised to do it which is track down spray up then ballast over and spray up the ballast some more if required, but if it's good enough for the George to spray all first then it's good enough for me too.

My only concern would be if there is enough colour distinction between the sleepers and ballast, do you find that an issue?  I'll look forward to seeing your progress.

Regards

Edited by Barnaby
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

George that is my preferred method of lay down and painting my track and ballast too.  It's just not how I'd been advised to do it which is track down spray up then ballast over and spray up the ballast some more if required, but if it's good enough for the George to spray all first then it's good enough for me too.

My only concern would be if there is enough colour distinction between the sleepers and ballast, do you find that an issue?  I'll look forward to seeing your progress.

Regards

Like your idea, but my personal thoughts are that steel Rails, Wooden Sleepers and Stone Ballast will all age and weather differently, unless in a mucky over grown yard.

Like you say, many different ideas and methods.

Hi Barnaby / Andy,  You are both spot on in what you say and l agree with you wholeheartedly, but the finish l require is all over sh*te as you will see in most parts of the railway system these days

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 29/03/2021 at 17:43, auld_boot said:

If space is tight in your bay platform you could gain an inch by chopping that buffer stop!  If the attachment works I mean something like these

post-4435-0-92325800-1540491700.jpg

Here's an even more basic version spotted from a passing train at Yeovil in October 2016. Two pieces of rail per side, paint slapped on the wall. Sorry it's poor quality, but taken in a rush when I noticed it!

aac

IMG-20160803-WA0000.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the likes and help with the buffer stop, decided to mount the buffers on the wall as shown by aac and auld-boot, also all the ballasting has been done today...orrible job Hahaha

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, georgeT said:

Thanks for the likes and help with the buffer stop, decided to mount the buffers on the wall as shown by aac and auld-boot, also all the ballasting has been done today...orrible job Hahaha

Glad to hear the Ballasting is done, and a good choice with the Buffers, its what I did with Deesdale Road and is a great space saver.

• Thanks 1

Hi Andy, Been busy on the platform tops at the moment getting the white line in place as well...all the trackwork has been finished and all the ballast has been stuck down, just needs a good clean...

DSC07359.JPG

DSC07360.JPG

DSC07361.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4