Cherrybrook - Shropshire Blt - Portable Layout

I finished laying all of the storage stacks over the past few days. All of the peco point Motors are mounted directly to the points. Nothing is wired yet but hopefully I'll get that done soon. 

20210514_105644.jpg.823cd5ab04fca43bd7486db422dd3337.jpg

All of the branchline stock I have at the moment fits in the storage sidings. If I fill up the main arrival track and run around loop I can fit even more. 

20210514_105050.jpg.ed8796fbc0c4bd1ca87155bc3718e2ca.jpg

• Like 7

On 25/03/2021 at 14:27, Phatbob said:

Oh yes, definitely.  THe BR Std 4 was specifically built to have a better route availability than the Std 5.  Very much a locomotive for backwaters and branches.

:good:

I believe that it was actually designed to run forrads and backwards with equal facility.

• Like 1

Just now, Railpassion said:

I see you're selling the Lenz on eBay.

Well spotted. I bought a second lenz system to test the feedback bus . I got it working so I listed my current system with a note saying the feedback bus is broken so I can make my money back on the replacement. 

Then a few days ago I plugged the second feedback board in and it blew the feedback circuit again in the new lenz system! I now know which feedback board is dodgy so in the summer or towards Christmas I can either fix my current lenz controller or buy another second hand unit again. And I know to get rid of that feedback board. 

Don't worry I still have a lenz controller and I've kept the same handset. Also I've just bought an lh90 handset with a control knob and I must admit its nice to swap between the two handsets. 

To add to the above. 

No real progress on the layout this week other than fixing and then breaking a controller, mostly due to university deadlines. 

I did however have a play with the new lenz handset. 

20210520_163003.jpg.e4aa7623d88624a5375c27e1fc3d29a9.jpg

I ended up getting all of my locos out to make sure they were running well. And I also dusted them all with a soft brush as they are stored on an open display shelf. 

20210520_162945.jpg.ebddd4fb8b66469bef0db2eac85aee9a.jpg

I was pondering scenery this afternoon and I was flicking through some websites looking at different building kits. 

The wills watermill caught my eye. I've had a quick measure up and I don't think it would be too imposing at the back behind the signal box. Perhaps with a nice dirt tracked road leading down from the station. 

Here's the catalogue photo for reference. 

20210523_001116.jpg.490d78306830f7e1aa1f5c47b3d000a7.jpg

And a quick phone sketch. 

20210523_001008.jpg.e86e5f49cd4b1baf1a05036f12fa0a85.jpg

Any thoughts? 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Just found this thread - you have created a really nice layout in a very limited space. Very impressed with the wiring too!

I think the scene you picture above looks very good - I tend to make it up as I go along - which wastes a lot of time - I'm impressed with your planning and execution.

I will follow with interest.

All the best,

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/05/2021 at 10:22, jamest said:

Hi,

Just found this thread - you have created a really nice layout in a very limited space. Very impressed with the wiring too!

I think the scene you picture above looks very good - I tend to make it up as I go along - which wastes a lot of time - I'm impressed with your planning and execution.

I will follow with interest.

All the best,

James

Thank you very much 

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to catch a glimpse of the Royal train heading back to Windsor earlier this evening. Not quite long enough to get a photo unfortunately. Took me a while to realise what I had just seen and I had to check online and double check it was Indeed HM the Queen. 

In other news I'm currently working out what modelling/ planning I can do whilst down here. I definitely intend on making a few purchases either at kernow or antics. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...