Left for Titfield!

rapidoandy

Dinky used to do the OB in maroon and cream and cream and maroon. I have no idea of the scale (at the age of 9 it wasn't important) and I have lost sight of them unfortunately.

Cheers,

Philip

6 minutes ago, Philou said:

Dinky used to do the OB in maroon and cream and cream and maroon. I have no idea of the scale (at the age of 9 it wasn't important) and I have lost sight of them unfortunately.

Cheers,

Philip

Can't recall Dinky ever doing a model of the OB.

Was certainly one of the early Corgi 1/50 scale models when they started to produce them, as I have 4 different liveries sitting in a display cabinet here.  They were interested in doing a Mulleys Motorways version, but never got round to it before the diecast bus "bubble" burst....

4 hours ago, Johann Marsbar said:

Can't recall Dinky ever doing a model of the OB.

Could well be that I mis-remembered when I posted up (grey matter an' all), I seem to recall (now) that the Dinky model had the driver in a half-cab (or is that a figment too?).

I left them at home when I bought my own home 47 years ago, and they could well still be in the attic with a load of bits'n'bobs. I'll ask my brother to have a look.

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Philou said:

seem to recall (now) that the Dinky model had the driver in a half-cab (or is that a figment too?).

The OB didn't have a half cab .

Colincoach.jpg

• Agree 1

On 16/03/2021 at 16:44, dibber25 said:

Forget WMPTE - how about some of these?

I bet some smartar$e will pipe up that WMPTE operated 227 vehicles of BMMO origin:

2 x D7

90 x D9

14 x S16

79 x S17

9 x S21

9 x S22

24 x S23.

D'Oh!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

All this bus talk lead me to finding Corgi did the 1/50 OB in Titfield livery. My O gauge Dapol 1401 now has a companion ;) And I’ve just realised I live within walking distance of Andy Duncan, so a roller may be joining it later! Right so who do I have to ask pretty please to for Lion in 1/43? :lol:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, phil_sutters said:

Will this jog your memory?

Aaaargh! Noooo! What are you doing me? I'm now more confused than ever!

What I can say is that I definitely had the two D/Ds in red/green and cream (second shelf down) and the BOAC shuttle bus (box on right, third shelf). What I probably had (have still?) is the maroon with cream 'go-faster' stripe (left hand end third shelf) and its 'opposite' coloured one cream with maroon 'go-faster' stripe mid-way on the third shelf.

I did acknowledge that I was probably wrong regarding the OB - it was the flared rear end that had me confused (though it doesn't need much nowadays!!!).

Anyway, back to Titfield, I'd be in the market for an updated 14XX. If it was available in various guises (48XX, 58Xx and 517) I'd have one of each of them too, ta very much!

Cheers,

Philip

On 14/03/2021 at 03:16, AY Mod said:

N for Noooooooooo!

O for Oh.

G for Groan

Rapido also has significant 3.5 mm scale experience....in the US video/film speak having "form" would be having a "prior"....

This whole subject is a wonderful delight.  Rest assured that eventually the Rapido Titfield Thunderbolt will eventually rampage through the Southern Pacific trackage of my current (still in 2023?) layout set in Port Costa, California, 1950.  Anachronisms be damned. 

It has always been one of my most beloved films. One of the delights that remind me of my original English heritage although 

Edited by autocoach
more fun
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Nick Gough said:

Our magnificent generals, General Gordon and General Booth.

I assume you don't mean General William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army.......

• Funny 1

23 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

Perhaps the range of merchandise will include a selection of the drinks carried on board, in 4mm scale bottles.

Rapido, with their CN / VIA dining car model, included the place settings molded onto the table tops and separate water jugs for the user to install...

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Rapido-News-105---All-new-dining-cars-and-videos-.html?soid=1101318906379&aid=IoZWCkbnRAI

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Why not indeed?  A most worthy organisation. 

My mate once upset a young female Sally Army volunteer,

by refusing to put anything in the tin she was rattling,

his excuse was that he didn't support para-military organisations!

Edited by jcm@gwr
  • Funny 5

I personally won't support the Salvation Army because they have a long (and recent) history of refusing to offer support to people in need upon finding out that they are LGBTQ+. Doesn't sound very Christian to me - I don't recall "Love thy neighbour" or "Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, give shelter to the needy" having the proviso "Unless they're gay or trans".

Anyway, that's quite enough of the Salvation Army for now! Back to Titfield!

Has anyone pondered a Faller car-system conversion for a 14xx yet?

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

As the model is possibly being released as both the film version "Thunderbolt" and as the L&M "Lion" perhaps they could do some tooling modifications to make a model of "Venus" as per the photo I posted a couple of years ago? It has a large dome on the front ring and possibly (very hard to tell) a round shaped top to the firebox.893023396_Venus2.jpg.2e11b1e2222c1252c847b93bdaa7b6f0.jpg 

Venus.jpg

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

8 hours ago, Devo63 said:

As the model is possibly being released as both the film version "Thunderbolt" and as the L&M "Lion" perhaps they could do some tooling modifications to make a model of "Venus" as per the photo I posted a couple of years ago? It has a large dome on the front ring and possibly (very hard to tell) a round shaped top to the firebox.893023396_Venus2.jpg.2e11b1e2222c1252c847b93bdaa7b6f0.jpg 

Venus.jpg

What a wonderful picture and a great idea.

It's hard to believe this isn't another Todd, Kitson & Laird product.  Aside from the boiler fittings, it appears identical to Lion.

I would love a model of this. Readily convertible from a Lion/Thunderbolt.

I was also considering one for use on the Strackenz  Railway ... ;)

892698277_StrackenzRailway.jpg.ed10e94d458e6083ec1cd5407f29be99.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Why not indeed?  A most worthy organisation. 

17 hours ago, Skinnylinny said:

I personally won't support the Salvation Army because they have a long (and recent) history of refusing to offer support to people in need upon finding out that they are LGBTQ+. Doesn't sound very Christian to me - I don't recall "Love thy neighbour" or "Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, give shelter to the needy" having the proviso "Unless they're gay or trans".

Sorry for drifting off-topic again . . . . . . . 

I know nothing about the current policies etc of the Salvation Army but I do know that my Dad always gave to the SA - when he was born in 1927, he suffered from Pyloric Stenosis which is a narrowing or blockage from the stomach to the intestine and in those days often resulted in the death of the baby. For some reason the doctors thought he was worth saving so Dad and my Grandmother were packed off from rural Lincolnshire to St Thomas's Hospital in London for a pioneering and life saving operation. As she was needed to feed her son, my Grandmother was looked after by the Salvation Army at one of their hostels. Dad made a full recovery and lived a full and healthy life for another 92 years!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9