An announcement of an announcement

Kris

• RMweb Premium

Dapol have announced that they are going to make an announcement of a new model at 10:45 on the 13th March. No clues or ideas given but details will be in their news section and presumably at the World of Railways virtual exhibition. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Kris said:

Dapol have announced that they are going to make an announcement of a new model at 10:45 on the 13th March. No clues or ideas given but details will be in their news section and presumably at the World of Railways virtual exhibition. 

Announcement of an announcement; shades of Dave Jones

However, I imagine this one will be more felicitous. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Announcement of an announcement; shades of Dave Jones

Now did Dave Jones get the idea from Dapol, or did he influence Dapol while working there?

Does it matter?

Does anyone care? :)

In any event I am looking forward to the announcement. Dying to know if Dapol are going to announce Dave's return lol :)

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

How is this different to Hornby setting a date and time for a batch of new announcements or the Bachmann "this is the date we are going to announce the next quarter"?  

Other than Dapol being smaller and having a smaller team getting each project ready for announcemnet then release?

To give an advance warning of an important announcement is an eminently sensible way of making sure people are paying attention  - and not the month or so for RMWeb users to get their underwear in a twist frothing about it...

Les

Edited by Les1952
typos...
  • Agree 11
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

This is correct. 

Clipped,succinct and precise.Almost one could say Teutonic in its simplicity...except we’re not talking HO gauge here I imagine.Gruss Gott ! ( which my spell checker has steadfastly corrected as Brussels sprouts). Apology for a moment of levity. I need one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

17 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Clipped,succinct and precise.Almost one could say Teutonic in its simplicity...except we’re not talking HO gauge here I imagine.Gruss Gott ! ( which my spell checker has steadfastly corrected as Brussels sprouts). Apology for a moment of levity. I need one.

Most efficient

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

In all this “announcing” furore.... can I check, is it a BIG announcement, or a moderate announcement? 

BIG might be 0

moderate might be 00

Asking for a friend :-)

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

If we’re going to be precise and Teutonic, not to mention correct, then it should be Grüß Gott. Anyway, if the announcement isn’t a Class 59 in N Gauge I will throw some toys out of the pram and then, after a period of reflection, get them back in again ready for next time.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

.... can I check, is it a BIG announcement, or a moderate announcement? 

BIG might be 0

moderate might be 00

Sorry you're too late for the big announcement - that was last week

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/162653-new-Dapol-o-gauge-b4/

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Western Aviator said:

Anyway, if the announcement isn’t a Class 59 in N Gauge I will throw some toys out of the pram and then, after a period of reflection, get them back in again ready for next time.

Dapol are producing a class 59 in N gauge.

hoping for a class 88 or class 73/9 in N but unlikely.

• RMweb Gold

Accurascale.. mini announcement

Rapido .. big announcement

Hornby.. me too announcement

so that means Dapol must be the Medium announcement.

I just hope if its oo gauge, that its at EP stage, otherwise Hornby might announce it the day before.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 13