An announcement of an announcement

Kris

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Jack079 said:

Dapol are producing a class 59 in N gauge.

hoping for a class 88 or class 73/9 in N but unlikely.

“Producing” is a relative term. They announced one years ago. Much like they announced a 92 and a Pendolino years ago! It doesn’t appear on any progress updates, there’s never been anything after an announcement. If it turns up in the next 5 years I’ll eat my hat. It would be  odd to announce one though, as that’s the one bit they have already done!

I’d love it to be an 88, doesn’t seem that unlikely. In both N and OO. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Jack079 said:

Dapol are producing a class 59 in N gauge.

Oh yes, so they are. But it was announced all the way back in July 2012 AD so it’s understandable that I’d forgotten about it :scratchhead:

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Friendly/supportive 1

42 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Or Copy Clever.   Didn't somebody once say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Devotees of Roald Dahl will recall that, after their controversial years in the confectionary industry, Messrs Slugworth, Fickelgruber and Prodnose went on to form Hornby's product research department. 

IMG_3778-1024x1024.jpg.11c2174138177d71de8110aa6f9181fd.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

What's the difference between an Announcement and a Pronouncement?

Pronouns can have gender and announs can't?
:jester:

I have to say chaps and chapesses, I am loving the banter in this thread. :drink_mini:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps they could announce the Mk3 Sleepers in N again but then announce that they are being delayed to allow the fitting of small speakers in each berth so that DCC snoring sounds can be played?

Daft?  They have delayed the OO Class 59 for an idiotic smoke generator gimick so I would not put it past them...

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Or Copy Clever.   Didn't somebody once say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

It was Illyshin, about the VC10.

separately aiui a senior person with Air Frances concorde program was outed as a Russian spy because various docs were substituted and handed to separate individuals, in this case I read the formula for tyres was substituted with a chemical formula for bubble gum.. subsequently detected in transmission to Russia and outed the individual.

Who knows there *might* be even be a little smoke and mirrors going on in our little hobby right now too.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Tomsontour said:

Might be nice if they cracked on with the N gauge bulleids first lol :)

Matt 

Perhaps its a re-announcement of the re-announcement of the announcement of the N Gauge Bulleid Pacific :pardon_mini:

Tom.  

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Its got to be a oo gauge class 25...

they are the only ones not to have done it.

i’m going optimistic... i bet Dapol are going to offer us a class 124 Transpenine.

;-)

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Its got to be a oo gauge class 25...

they are the only ones not to have done it.

i’m going optimistic... i bet Dapol are going to offer us a class 124 Transpenine.

;-)

By the same logic it could be a 37 or 47 ;)

.... I just hope it’s not news of further delays.

Griff

52 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

That was last week's announcement of an announcement.

This is a different announcement of an announcement.....

I was surprised not to have read here about the L&SWR B4 models scheduled on the Tower Models website here, but perhaps interest in the Southern and its predecessors and successors has waned. 

Perhaps they are bringing out a 7mm Glasgow and South Western Railway Baltic class. 

Now that would be an Anoooncemunt!

36 minutes ago, GlenPudzeoch said:

I was surprised not to have read here about the L&SWR B4 models scheduled on the Tower Models website here, but perhaps interest in the Southern and its predecessors and successors has waned. 

Perhaps they are bringing out a 7mm Glasgow and South Western Railway Baltic class. 

Now that would be an Anoooncemunt!

I think you must have missed it!