Chuffnell Regis

Graham T

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Sometimes if you are using the set track style fish plates, a tight one will follow the path of least resistance and lift a rail end slightly.

I noticed there is a sleeper sitting right on a joint in the cork, just before the place where Graham says it derails:

Chuffnell_track.jpg.66ef20c4ecd357140a3cfa6250cddd7e.jpg

Al.

• RMweb Gold

Maybe I'll just gently tap the offending track with a hammer :)

Off on a work trip in the morning, so it will have to wait for a few days anyway.  But I think I'll check the back to backs first.  Otherwise I think I may have to lift and re-lay that short section of track between the points.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Yep, I've just come back from a fortnight's holiday in north-west Scotland, and it is amazing the sense of freedom the family felt, after near 18 months of solitary confinement. Also amazing how much my mood has lifted - I don't think I had quite realised the toll this last year had taken on my mental health.

Al.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

You're absolutely right.  I was able to go out for a meal recently, first time for ages, and I realised just how much I'd taken things like that for granted.

• Agree 3

We were recently able to make a 280 mile trip on our motorcycles, I think that we had forgotten what fresh air is like above walking pace!

It's the furthest the memsahib has been able to ride since passing her test. She also managed to get her Not moaning about getting wet medal, 1st class with swords and sparkly bits.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Graham T said:

You're absolutely right.  I was able to go out for a meal recently, first time for ages, and I realised just how much I'd taken things like that for granted.

We’ve managed to get out for a meal for the last three weeks (catching up you understand).  As you say, it’s lovely just to get out.

Paul.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Apologies to all, posted on completely the wrong thread.  Now moved to Helston Revisited where it should have been from the start!

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT
EBBP Engage Brain Before Posting
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Apologies to all, posted on completely the wrong thread.  Now moved to Helston Revisited where it should have been from the start!

Paul.

That makes me feel much better, it's not just me who does that! 

You're not alone and no more daft than the rest of us, no apology necessary!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I had a chance to tackle that troublesome piece of track today.  I checked the back to backs on the tender first, but they were ok, so it was time to call in Bodgeit and Scarper again.  They were all too happy to work on a Sunday of course - double time and all that.

So, offending stretch lifted, new track relaid, and - hurrah!  The Mogul will now happily run through the crossover both forwards and in reverse.

That means that the whole layout is now electrified and running as it should be.  Now I can clip all the wiring to the underside of the baseboards, and then work out where the point rodding should run...

image.png.bdde45a5c164b62232a4f7dd967c9277.png

image.png.9f5252838da4aed75a8661a4e00789a5.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 8
  • Round of applause 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gedward said:

That means it's time for a glass or two.

After the weekend I've had I think it's time for a glass or seven.  It's just as well the track fixing went well, or the layout might have gone out of the window.

• Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, Graham T said:

After the weekend I've had I think it's time for a glass or seven.  It's just as well the track fixing went well, or the layout might have gone out of the window.

I can empathize with you on that one, recent events outside of this house have made me feel like I should return to my ancestral culture and burn a few villages. ;)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I havent got much to show you from Chuffnell Regis today, as all I've really done is clip up all the wiring under the baseboards.  But I did get a little something in the post today, including Bertie's two-seater for when he pops down to visit Chuffnell Hall.  These are all from Oxford Diecast.

image.png.d32c3fc4ecc4cfa972590c3920a56a07.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Things were getting a little crowded at Chuffnell Regis, so I called in the chaps from Bodgeit and Scarper, and they kindly nailed this display case to the wall for me.  Thanks to @chuffinghell for helping to find the case.  Now I have more room to play...

image.png.afe0e423b8b68c243697f97cdfff8776.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 9