D Class Update 12 March 2021

Guest Locomotion No. 3

Guest Locomotion No. 3

We are pleased to confirm the price for our forthcoming Wainwright D Class 4-4-0 locomotives.

Locomotion Models:

SECR Wainwright D Class, No.737 £199.99

Rails of Sheffield:

4S-027-001 SECR Green No.488 £199.99

4S-027-002 Southern Lined Maunsell Olive Green No.1730 £199.99

4S-027-003 BR Sunshine Black No.31731 £189.99

4S-027-004 BR Lined Black Early Crest  No.31574 £199.99

4S-027-005 SECR Grey (Scraped Beading) No.726 £189.99

4S-027-006  Southern Sunshine  No.1734 £189.99

Latest Update: Work on our OO gauge D Class locomotives, made in partnership with Locomotion Models, Rails of Sheffield and Dapol, is proceeding well. We are pleased to share with you some images of the production process so far.

Delivery is expected in mid-2021

Seven different versions have been produced by the partnership of Dapol, Locomotion Models and Rails of Sheffield.

The preserved example (No.737), which is currently on display at the National Railway Museum, York has been produced exclusively for Locomotion Models.

And at our partners Rails they have six versions available in various liveries including South East Chatham, Southern, BR Early Crest. These models show the progression of the D Class locomotives produced over a wide timescale from their introduction in 1901 through to withdrawal of the last locomotive by British Railways in 1956. 

All versions have a NEXT 18 decoder socket fitted which can be accessed by removing the smokebox door to fit the decoder. Information relating to DCC FITTED and DCC SOUND options will be release in due course.

The tooling suite encompasses alternative options depending on which locomotive is modelled. 

Other options including a plug-in panel which fits into the NEM coupling pocket. This is in the accessory pack, for those who do not want to fit a front coupling, along with the cab doors. The coal load for the tender is removable to reveal a fully detailed tender interior.

Please note: The images shown are a of a early decorated sample. Lots of alternations and amendments have been made to these and they should simply be regarded to as samples.

These models can be pre-ordered for a £30 deposit from www.locomotionmodels.com 

737.jpg

All versions.jpg

Wheels.jpg

Chassis.jpg

Tenders.jpg

Tenders 2.jpg

Edited by Guest

Guest Locomotion No. 3

John

It is our policy to contact customers when we know the items are in transit to us so that we can send them out to those who have paid the balance shortly after receipt.

Orders from EU and ROW have VAT removed at checkout once country of origin is entered.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Edited by Locomotion No. 3
Literal

• 1 month later...

I've tried on a number of occasions to phone Locomotion Models on their Tel Number 01904685785 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays between 10:00am & 4:00pm (as their Website instructs) & I have NEVER had anyone answer the Phone.

I just get directed to a Recorded Message instructing me to leave a message & someone will phone me back.

I leave a message to ask them to phone me back but IT NEVER HAPPENS!

They never phone me back.

I've also used the email link on their Website to as them to email me regarding an Order I have with them.

I NEVER get a reply email from them!

Does anyone know what is going on?

Are Locomotion Models still Trading?

Advice Please.

Thank you.

Ron

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, R Newbold said:

I've tried on a number of occasions to phone Locomotion Models on their Tel Number 01904685785 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays between 10:00am & 4:00pm (as their Website instructs) & I have NEVER had anyone answer the Phone.

I just get directed to a Recorded Message instructing me to leave a message & someone will phone me back.

I've also used the email link on their Website to as them to email me regarding an Order I have with them.

Advice Please.

Thank you.

Ron

You know, there has been this little minor hiccup recently called Covid-19. Have you heard of it? Put a lot of people out of work, a lot of businesses closed down for an extended period, etc etc. 
Just be patient. Not a great post for your first one, attacking a well liked and popular model producer. 

Advice Please.

Thank you.

Ron

I'm Gob Smacked by you reply!

Typically British attitude to Customer Relations.

So, people can't ask questions anymore on 'businesses lack of response' without receiving a supercilious, sarcastic reply!

How amazing that Britain ranks one of the worst Western Countries for Customer Satisfaction...

• RMweb Gold

Quite right, ignore the unhelpful reply. Way to go Hilux.

I'm sure they are still trading, but maybe preparing for reopening of the museum next week (19th).

You might be better sending a message to Dennis (above) via this forum, as the other methods have failed.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, R Newbold said:

I'm Gob Smacked by you reply!

Typically British attitude to Customer Relations.

So, people can't ask questions anymore on 'businesses lack of response' without receiving a supercilious, sarcastic reply!

How amazing that Britain ranks one of the worst Western Countries for Customer Satisfaction...

The museum will still be operating on skeleton staffing until restrictions permit opening so some patience would be appropriate please.

Of course they are still operating and they will certainly be in contact as the time for delivery approaches.

Stamping up and down on here is poor form, particularly with your first post, so please exercise a bit of restraint in your future posts.

AY MOD.

You're jumping to the same conclusion as Hilux (think that was his name).

I'm not jumping 'up & down' but there certainly appears to be some who want to 'jump up & down' on me!

Remember - I asked a question!

I explained in detail the experience I had in getting a reply!

That's all!!!

Why is it an issue? 

Is there something they've put in the water?

• Moderators
Just now, R Newbold said:

AY MOD.

You're jumping to the same conclusion as Hilux (think that was his name).

I'm not jumping 'up & down' but there certainly appears to be some who want to 'jump up & down' on me!

Remember - I asked a question!

I explained in detail the experience I had in getting a reply!

That's all!!!

Why is it an issue? 

Is there something they've put in the water?

As I keep saying - RMweb is not TripAdvisor.

You suddenly arrived being very lively and vociferous (seen it all before) peppering your outburst with shouty block capitals and excessive exclamation marks. I do hope you have been more measured in your communications with the museum and please never presume to tell me what I'm thinking.

And when you have been flapping round making a noise please don't try and claim others are bullying you just because you're being given an education in local etiquette.

You're already on moderation but if you carry on like this I'll just remove access.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Guest Locomotion No. 3
On 13/05/2021 at 16:54, R Newbold said:

Goodbye!!!!!

I am not on site at either Shildon or York but I can sort out any issues from here.

I can only apologise that you were unable to contact anyone or get a response to either emails or answerphone messages. I fully understand your frustrations but these issues can be resolved without the need for everyone to fall out. 

Our museums are ramping up to reopening on Wednesday 19th May, so please bear with us as we have just come through a very difficult year (along with all the other people in the model railway industry). We have been able, on a very restricted basis, to process orders and send out models over three days a week. Initially we were unable to even do that as all sites were closed.

Hopefully we are now on the slow line back to normality. 

We have done our best to keep the Locomotion Models side operational but clearly in this case we have let a customer down. 

If you use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page which will go to the RMweb Editor who will pass the information on to me; I will ensure someone rings you. Please provide your telephone number (house or mobile) in your reply.

Dennis Lovett

Locomotion Models

Locomotion Models have invited me to pay the balance for the D class but there is a message on my laptop that the site is not secure and my security has told me not to send any sensitive information such as my credit card details to them.  

I will try and contact them by another means.

2 minutes ago, Brian Indge said:

I have also had the e-Mail asking for the balance of payment with a link to do so. Trouble is the link sends you to a page to order another new model, not to pay a balance.

The link I went to had a drop down menu that included a ‘pay the balance’ entry so I did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Very pleased with my D Class. Was able to get it running on the layout over the weekend so here's a bit of video of it in action if anyone's interested. (Starts off with the Hornby H Class but pretty quickly moves to the D Class). Still running on DC for the moment as I haven't had a chance to put a decoder in it yet. Enjoy :) 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1