J50

Hi all,

Does any one do a upgrading kit for a J50. I have 5 Lima J50's now that I want to start work on and just generally see what I can do with them. I know all about the faults with these loco's and this is just for a bit of fun. One of the things I want to try is to make the chassis a proper 6 coupled unit.

G'Day Folks

'Chris P Bacon' of this parish does a J50 chassis etch.

They can be modified to other loco classes, so far I have used them on a J6, J1, and a J5, which is being built at the moment.

Below is the J6.

manna

DSCF4856.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeTrice said:

There is an upgrade kit from my Shapeways shop (see link in signature). Referred to here:

Hi Mike, What's the postage cost from the States. I am assuming you are based in the USA as the price is in Dollars.

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, cypherman said:

Hi Mike, What's the postage cost from the States. I am assuming you are based in the USA as the price is in Dollars.

@MikeTrice is in the UK.

You should be able to change the currency in Shapeways. I checked earlier and it was in ££'s for me.

Edited by chris p bacon

I normally wouldn't suggest this as someone is looking to do a bit of modelling. But....

Before spending decent money have a look at the Hornby version. They're currently just a bit more than £50.

https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/locomotives-steam/Hornby-r3406-br-0-6-0t-departmental-no-14-j50-class-late-br/

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I normally wouldn't suggest this as someone is looking to do a bit of modelling. But....

Before spending decent money have a look at the Hornby version. They're currently just a bit more than £50.

https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/locomotives-steam/Hornby-r3406-br-0-6-0t-departmental-no-14-j50-class-late-br/

Jason

Hi Steamport. I am only doing this because i want to, And I have 6 of the Lima loco's to play with. Don't ask why I managed to get all of them, But let me say that all of them cost me less than one of the new Hornby engines. Plus I wanted a challenge. I have been in the modelling doldrums for the past few months with little or no inclination. So this is just something I wanted to try. Plus it is cheap.....lol( Looks carefully over his shoulder in case SWMBO is any where near tutting).

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1