Accurascale Meltdown; New PFA Loads Go Nuclear!

• RMweb Gold

MELTDOWN - NEW PFA LOADS GO NUCLEAR!

1356834803_AccurascalePFA-Nupak.jpg.df5123c272a90854e396590ef47657fa.jpg

Our humble PFA went down a treat when they arrived in stock 12 months ago, with modellers loving the variety of loads we produced, with coal containers, gypsum containers and low level nuclear waste containers (LLNW) offered in our first run.

GEB_3182-1600px.jpg.b5268f9c4c1716d30974b57b99f21e07.jpg

It was the latter load which sparked an absolute sales frenzy on these wagons, with our low level nuclear waste container wagon runs selling out in rapid time. As a result we looked closer into the nuclear traffic carried by our PFAs, and have now developed FIVE new interesting containers to represent the wide ranging nuclear traffic these wagons have operated on for DRS for over 20 years, right up to current operation.

1286203875_AccurascalePFA-2896.jpg.618b6a7da0a899fc010716582016731d.jpg

Six different packs, including an Accurascale Exclusive only available from us direct, featuring Dragons, Novapaks, Nupaks and more. £74.95 per 3 pack, with 10% off if you order two packs or more! Due Q4 2021

Read all about them here, and well done on those of you who guessed correctly: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/accurascale-meltdown-new-pfa-nuclear-packs-announced

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 3

A few pics showing examples of the trains in question, credits etc. in the Flickr links, none are mine.

68034 68004 - 6Z68 - Birkby

DRS 37688 - Carlisle Kingmoor

New Boxes

Versatile PFAs.

Mixed Freight.

I am pleased by these announcements, would have liked some of them available as just containers but I understand you're in the selling wagon business. Primarily the 2031s given the size of those trains.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Tugs said:

1. This is amazing news!

2. Please tell us you're gonna be selling the loads seperately? (I have plenty of wagons, but some load variety would be wonderful)

Thanks Tugs. I'm afraid the only way we could make this a viable project financially is to sell them as wagon packs, so it will be with wagons only I'm afraid.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks Tugs. I'm afraid the only way we could make this a viable project financially is to sell them as wagon packs, so it will be with wagons only I'm afraid.

Cheers!

Fran

Oddly enough I was thinking about this. Selling the loads of the 2031s might sell you more wagons.

I have 6 PFAs I'd be willing to buy loads for and add a pack or two of wagons to for the long container train, but I don't think I'll be buying 3 or 4 packs from scratch to make that train.

Dragon and nova/nupaks are a different situation IMO as they are viable trains in their own right for a single pack making a relatively inexpensive train.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Oddly enough I was thinking about this. Selling the loads of the 2031s might sell you more wagons.

I have 6 PFAs I'd be willing to buy loads for and add a pack or two of wagons to for the long container train, but I don't think I'll be buying 3 or 4 packs from scratch to make that train.

Dragon and nova/nupaks are a different situation IMO as they are viable trains in their own right for a single pack making a relatively inexpensive train.

As explained, we looked at the numbers, it didnt stack up as loads on their own tooling up 5 new containers, so wagon packs it is.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran

Dang, expensive year for me then!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

there's also the point that each PFA is customised to it's particular container - the actual real wagons have carried the containers that they are loaded with and they have updated lettering for their time period and nuclear warning symbols as appropriate. The earlier LLNW PFAs are not quite accurate in finish for most of these new containers

• Informative/Useful 2

8 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

We just need somebody to make an 88 now....

Fingers crossed one of their yet un-announced projects is this, more patiently waiting.

Great announcement and sure they’ll fly off the shelves again. Packs 1-3 duly ordered! 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback so far. We had a feeling these would be popular!

Here is a visual of the packs available. Pack 1 with the Dragon container is the Accurascale Exclusive, with the other packs also available direct or via your local stockist.

989608963_AccurascaleNewPFAs.jpg.4501448c41d9df9a355d18fd4e401c03.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

For those flashing the cash, be warned, this is not the end, not even the beginning of the end...

"We also plan to introduce further coal container and low level nuclear waste container packs later this year too, so keep an eye out for them!"

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

Also mentioned further runs of the half hieght ISO PFA, although they do not appear to be listed for pre-order.  Will it just be a rerun of the previous packs or new numbers?

They will be all new @Ruairidh Munro, announced later in the year.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

Also mentioned further runs of the half hieght ISO PFA, although they do not appear to be listed for pre-order.  Will it just be a rerun of the previous packs or new numbers?

If and when new runs are announced, they are always new numbers / unique wagons and containers.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Excellent announcement to add to my already growing AS nuclear wagon collection (not to mention all the other wagons/loco's purchased already or on pre-order) thus just keep bleeding me dry, I just don't care anymore...once again well done Accurascale.