Accurascale Meltdown; New PFA Loads Go Nuclear!

Hi Fran,

Excellent choice I’ve just ordered a pack of Nupak types and will be adding a Dragon type as well. Perfect for my Cumbrian Coast layout.

I can see the Pack 4,5&6 joining them as well.

Our Rainbow Railways trade order will also follow shortly.

All the best

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have ordered 4 of the packs but have a quick question about the half height ones.

If I use them prototypically do I have to bury them in the garden for a hundred years after I have used them once. Lol

Edited by 25901
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, 25901 said:

Have ordered 4 of the packs but have a quick question about the half height ones.

If I use them prototypically do I have to bury them in the garden for a hundred years after I have used them once. Lol

Nah - but you may need a few more  if you're modelling the repository at Drigg.

https://goo.gl/maps/MXf94NVKHsxcdhYU9

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm not convinced the models are as accurate as they could be. When will we get the realistic glow in the dark feature on the containers?:jester:

Have 2 packs on order and trying to resist the full height containers!

Edited by ruggedpeak
typo
  • Funny 3

Ahhh good work fellers. These look wonderful.  You're making it too easy for me to spend Mrs KDG's fripperies budget on toy trains, but she will understand.  

Being spoilt this year for modern image stuff.  Long may it continue.

You'll be doing the new build FNA's then next?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 13/03/2021 at 13:58, ews60002 said:

I need to sell the wife and kids to pay for all of these new wagons ! ! ! 

Or do more work and overtime.

Aaaaaarrrrgh  !!!

Mat

First option sounds better to me - and I've never met your wife & kids. If you do the 2nd then you'll have less time to play with  your trains.

Graham

• Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, 25901 said:

Would be good but ran in a limited time scale, aren't they being scrapped now ? 

New build, as in FNA-D. Only a couple of years old. Which Accurascale I'd be well up for!

88008 + 68001 at Slindon with 6M63 Bridgwater - Crewe Coal Sidings. 28/05/2020. FNA wagon

88003 6D88 Burn 22.04.2020

The older FNAs have been done by Bachmann and are no longer in use.

FNA Type Wagon - Wandsworth Road

550021 FNA Flask Wagon, Filton Abbey Wood, Bristol

All credits in the Flickr links, not my pics.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 6
  • Agree 2

Right people, here is your Monday afternoon entertainment, i decided to run my PFA DRS (Laden) nuclear wagons yesterday afternoon and noticed that  one of the containers was minus a top to it, i searched high and low for it, but to no avail, gutted is an understatement, this afternoon i relised what i had done............anyone guess what i did ?..........yep. i put the container upside bloody down on the flat wagon !!!!! best i now have a lay down in a darken room.

P.s NO consumption of alcohol was involved during this time.

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Right people, here is your Monday afternoon entertainment, i decided to run my PFA DRS (Laden) nuclear wagons yesterday afternoon and noticed that  one of the containers was minus a top to it, i searched high and low for it, but to no avail, gutted is an understatement, this afternoon i relised what i had done............anyone guess what i did ?..........yep. i put the container upside bloody down on the flat wagon !!!!! best i now have a lay down in a darken room.

P.s NO consumption of alcohol was involved during this time.

Reminds me of this

Cheers

Darius

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

p.s NO consumption of alcohol was involved during this time.

Well, there was the cause of the problem. Have a good drink before playing trains next time. You may still put it on upside down, but  won't notice.

Roy

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

17 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

I guess this short rake is just going to have to get bigger!

198C3897-45BC-4B4A-9950-838664B5980B.jpeg

0DDC0883-8D4F-4184-8D19-F287CD030070.jpeg

Fantastic looking scenery and set piece. Very nice indeed. Im just about to embark on installing a modell railway in the loft trussed detached double garage and can only dream that i will get anywhere near the look of this..........but i will try. Very nice set indeed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

Are the loco headlights flashing because they're broken, or because it's pulling nuclear waste?

Graham

It’s an effect of the refresh rate of the lights and the frame rate of the camera. 

in real life they’re not flashing at all (or rather they’re flashing faster than the eye can see)

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Our new range of PFA wagons featuring an array of interesting low level nuclear waste loads are progressing well with new samples arriving for assessment. This time it features details such as threadplate and lifting eyes which look very pretty indeed.

1338468934_ImagefromiOS(26).jpg.5922385d1fc8edbcd3b36451c9a2de50.jpg

We are very happy with these additional details so we can now progress onto decorated samples. The factory is currently preparing these for us and we hope to show them to you in the coming weeks.

1733554329_ImagefromiOS(27).jpg.3c15e04720cb44d35615eca9df343e60.jpg

These interesting wagons are due in Q4 2021 and are the perfect short train for the current era. The Dragon pack is an Accurascale exclusive, only available to order direct via our website. All other packs can be ordered via your local stockist, or direct from us.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

DECORATED NUCLEAR PFA WAGONS BREAK COVER!

644828779_PFA-DRS_LLNW-Dragon_Pack_1(1).jpg.c63d0107d7596fd909bc0763b3972e70.jpg

Hi everyone,

Hot on the heels of yesterday's announcement of our new batch of coal container and half height nuclear PFA packs, we can bring you an update on the new range of nuclear PFA wagons.

As you can see, we have received a full list of decorated samples from the factory for assessment. Once the decoration is applied you can fully appreciate the colourful variety these new loads will bring to your layout!

1580862682_DRSL_92731_Nupak_3.jpg.6c3c7367561e27f4d279378d4d221f81.jpg

We are also delighted to report that our models are on schedule and still on course for delivery in Q4 2021. These packs make for the perfect current and privitisation era short train, with a great mix of heritage and latest traction that can be employed to provide traction.

611410863_DRSL_92703_Novapak_5.jpg.07e1b35c87219dbae5419861a505053d.jpg

Packs are still available to order at £74.95 per pack, with six different packs available. Five of these packs can be pre-ordered through your local stockist, with the Dragon pack an Accurascale Exclusive, only available direct via Accurascale.

2023230315_DRSL_92721_2896brown_3.jpg.1fd15a3f2a341c4826e5114b20423543.jpg

Order here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pfa-2-axle-container-flat-wagon/availability_pre-order? 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

These are looking very nice indeed. I’m so glad to have an order in place but now I wonder if I may be able to justify another pack?

At this rate I’ll be posting pictures of my wallet going into ‘meltdown’….

• Like 2
  • Agree 1