Accurascale Meltdown; New PFA Loads Go Nuclear!

Will these new PFA's be fitted with instanter coupling, as per the previous batch. These wagons run beautifully using the instanter couplings and therefore look very realistic. The above pictures only show the normal tension lock couples. Just wondering, as I will have to order a few packs of the instanter couplings if not.

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

Will these new PFA's be fitted with instanter coupling, as per the previous batch. These wagons run beautifully using the instanter couplings and therefore look very realistic. The above pictures only show the normal tension lock couples. Just wondering, as I will have to order a few packs of the instanter couplings if not.

Hi @Tony Walker,

They will indeed be provided in the baggie as per all our previous PFA releases. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Purnu said:

These are looking very nice indeed. I’m so glad to have an order in place but now I wonder if I may be able to justify another pack?

At this rate I’ll be posting pictures of my wallet going into ‘meltdown’….

A manifestation of 'China Syndrome', perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, class37418stag said:

Hello 

low waste nuclear mean rubbish and protection clothing and equipment ?

Thank you 

Yes that type of thing generally is categorised into low level waste, the containers end up at Drigg where they are stacked up in controlled areas which when filled get covered over. The waste stone from local quarries gets loaded at Barrow docks and runs top and tail to drigg with a hired in set of boxes when required. Flickr is a superb source of inspiration for recreating all the different nuclear workings and the various DRS traction that has hauled them. I’ve settled on Maryport for a future layout and the low level waste containers run there to reverse to head back to Sellafield. 

Its fair to say the lads at Accurascale have made my layout plan rather interesting with wagons I didn’t expect to see RTR and of course some rather nice 37’s

Fran please remind Gareth we need 37716 or 37038 in fade livery too at some point.

thanks

Mark

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Fran please remind Gareth we need 37716 or 37038 in fade livery too at some point.

If 37716 is going to be done then it need a smoke generator option going by its last holiday in York

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

39 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Yes that type of thing generally is categorised into low level waste, the containers end up at Drigg where they are stacked up in controlled areas which when filled get covered over. The waste stone from local quarries gets loaded at Barrow docks and runs top and tail to drigg with a hired in set of boxes when required. Flickr is a superb source of inspiration for recreating all the different nuclear workings and the various DRS traction that has hauled them. I’ve settled on Maryport for a future layout and the low level waste containers run there to reverse to head back to Sellafield. 

Its fair to say the lads at Accurascale have made my layout plan rather interesting with wagons I didn’t expect to see RTR and of course some rather nice 37’s

thanks

Mark

Thank you give answer Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, 66540Ruby said:

I have ordered a few of these packs, where would I find information or pictures of nuclear prototypical trains please. 

Hi @66540Ruby,

Many thanks for your order! Our announcement for these packs contains information on workings https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/accurascale-meltdown-new-pfa-nuclear-packs-announced

Also, there are some good pics on the previous pages of this thread that may help? @Simon Bendall recently published an excellent article on the subject too https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/pfa-nuclear-waste-traffic

Cheers!

Fran 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/03/2021 at 11:48, Accurascale Fran said:

MELTDOWN - NEW PFA LOADS GO NUCLEAR!

Our humble PFA went down a treat when they arrived in stock 12 months ago, with modellers loving the variety of loads we produced, with coal containers, gypsum containers and low level nuclear waste containers (LLNW) offered in our first run.

GEB_3182-1600px.jpg.b5268f9c4c1716d30974b57b99f21e07.jpg

It was the latter load which sparked an absolute sales frenzy on these wagons, with our low level nuclear waste container wagon runs selling out in rapid time. As a result we looked closer into the nuclear traffic carried by our PFAs, and have now developed FIVE new interesting containers to represent the wide ranging nuclear traffic these wagons have operated on for DRS for over 20 years, right up to current operation.

Six different packs, including an Accurascale Exclusive only available from us direct, featuring Dragons, Novapaks, Nupaks and more. £74.95 per 3 pack, with 10% off if you order two packs or more! Due Q4 2021

Read all about them here, and well done on those of you who guessed correctly: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/accurascale-meltdown-new-pfa-nuclear-packs-announced

Cheers!

Fran

Do Humbrol still do their "Glow in the Dark" paint?  Probably really radioactive...

;-)

jch

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bishdurham said:

I may be going mad, but I thought I got an email this morning about PFA wagons with RJB containers, but I can't see it now and there is nothing on the website.

Is it time for the comfy jacket?

Hi @Bishdurham,

The RJB pack is a special edition pack for Rails of Sheffield. Check out their website for more info!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...

I had thought the wagon running numbers of the PFAs were all different, but it seems that set 1 (Accurascale ref  2093DRG) and set R (reference 2085DRSR) both include wagon number DRSL92779. 

Not unreasonable that the same wagon should carry different containers of course, but I'd prefer not to duplicate running numbers in my fleet.

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I had thought the wagon running numbers of the PFAs were all different, but it seems that set 1 (Accurascale ref  2093DRG) and set R (reference 2085DRSR) both include wagon number DRSL92779. 

Not unreasonable that the same wagon should carry different containers of course, but I'd prefer not to duplicate running numbers in my fleet.

Correct. Unfortunately the packs represent every single DRS wagons altho the duplicate is depicted in a much later period. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 15/01/2022 at 18:24, Michael Hodgson said:

To achieve the variety of containers which I would wish, it looks like I will end up with two wagons with the same number, which seems pointless as I won't run them both at the same time.      There could be a potential market here for one-for-one swops with other forum members.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

To achieve the variety of containers which I would wish, it looks like I will end up with two wagons with the same number, which seems pointless as I won't run them both at the same time.      There could be a potential market here for one-for-one swops with other forum members.

The duplicate is a result of the packs representing the entirety of the DRS fleet, so the pair are represented at different ends of their life span, carrying nuclear containers that would not have run together anyway (hope that helps)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 06/02/2022 at 15:35, McC said:

The duplicate is a result of the packs representing the entirety of the DRS fleet, so the pair are represented at different ends of their life span, carrying nuclear containers that would not have run together anyway (hope that helps)

Although wagons numbers are repeated (all are modelled after all!), are any of the container serial numbers repeated?  If so, which ones?

I really like these models - having seen a number of the half-height ones, albeit not on wagons...

What with the KUA's, with so much model fuel around, I can see I won't need lights or a loft heater to enjoy them over colder months!

Thanks,

Ixion.

• Funny 1