'Across the Yard' and now, 'On Shed'.

Worsdell forever

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Purrfect!

These "internal" goods shed offices are an understudied subject. There were some quite elegant ones at the larger depots, but I like this rustic style.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Simond said:

I like that, it has atmosphere.  I feel it would have to have a ceiling to keep the warmth in, and a bare bulb for light…

It will get a ceiling but certainly not an electric light, it will be either gas or an oil lamp.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Popped down to the yard to see what was going on, looks like they're putting a new fence up, will be good to lean on when it's done. Anyway, class 398 No 1333 was pushing a couple of vans into the new goods shed, that too will be good when it's finished. 

20210827_140316_copy_1600x768.jpg.a8590198e3f882402785e323685ff71b.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I was going to be corny and say "E by gum" but I think the two either side of the 44 are both E1s - Worsdell and Raven?

Yes, left is an early E1, centre is a rebuilt 44 and right is a late E1 (Bachmann). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Had a look across the yard to see how they were getting on with the fence and it seems its up and had a first coat of paint, but wait what's that standing in the yard, it's a bit bigger than the locos we normally get shunting in the yard! It must be another upgrade, a scratchbuilt class T I built years ago, converted to EM and backdated. Nearly done. 

20210910_185211_copy_1600x736.jpg.8733809df833ef41607d94b83e47c996.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Simon Moore said:

It's a superb little plank I've just read the whole thread. Can I ask what timber you used to build the goods shed carcass? 

Cheers

Simon

No wood, card. 2 layers of mounting board and outer skins of stone plasticard.

Just been back through the thread and caught up with developments. The whole yard is looking really good, all of the elements sit well together. I'm looking forward to getting the goods yard together on my own layout. The shed is a good deal more modest!

• Thanks 1