Virtual Exhibition issues

ovbulleid

Hi,

Not sure if this is the perfect place (and admins feel free to move), but I wanted to highlight an issue I’ve had with the virtual exhibition this weekend and with previous ones.  I spent the weekend unpacking boxes having just moved house so was unable to watch all the interviews and see the layouts being shared, but come Monday morning the pages for the separate days have been taken down and I can’t see any videos via the summary emails sent at the end of the day either. Can the pages from the most recent show be brought back online again or kept up for a little longer rather than be taken down nearly immediately?

Absolutely not a complaint about the idea of its delivery, just around how long the content is available for

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

I think I know where you're coming from.

I've also enjoyed what I've had chance to see of the virtual shows.

Although I probably got to see most of what I intended to with the most recent one, I didn't get chance with last year's (for reasons over which I had no control).

Again, not a "dig for victory" campaign - but I strongly suspect that a number of people who would have enjoyed these virtual shows might have welcomed the material staying visible / accessible for a few days longer.

Just a thought for the future.

Huw.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Moderators

If you purchase the showguide you get ongoing access to the videos with a summary of the layouts. It's part of how we pay to run the event.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• Moderators
On 16/03/2021 at 14:56, ovbulleid said:

but come Monday morning the pages for the separate days have been taken down

They were available via the layouts and highlights pages until early Tuesday morning.

• RMweb Gold
On 17/03/2021 at 20:06, AY Mod said:

If you purchase the showguide you get ongoing access to the videos with a summary of the layouts. It's part of how we pay to run the event.

Sounds fair enough - probably of interest to some people.

Any plans to flag this in the advertising, during the lead-up to future virtual shows?

Huw.

• Administrators

The other point is that if we leave the content up forever, it just becomes another website, not an event. Real shows chuck you out of the door at the end of the day - if you miss them, tough.

We've put a lot of effort in to the guide, you get a load of bonus pictures of the layouts for a start.

As @AY Mod says though, it's part of the way we pay for the show. Putting this on each time is a massive amount of work, so there needs to be a return for the business. RMweb has to be funded somehow!

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

To me the show guide is part of the "experience" of a show. I still have the Show Guides for all but one of the York shows I've attended (the odd one out was one year I went on the Tuesday — it was still a four-day show then — and the guides had all been sold) and a few past BRM shows too.

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

To me the show guide is part of the "experience" of a show. I still have the Show Guides for all but one of the York shows I've attended (the odd one out was one year I went on the Tuesday — it was still a four-day show then — and the guides had all been sold) and a few past BRM shows too.

I have all the show guides from events I've exhibited at. Looking back at the really old ones is fascinating - so many changes.

• Like 1