Cropper Street.....the Dock Street replacement layout..

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

I sold Dock Street over the summer. Ian Manderson had kindly undertaken a "safe" photo shoot and the layout appeared in the April Railway Modeller.

I therefore had a lot of blue (and green) diesels that were a little early for Penmaenbach. I needed a new layout and this was the result. I had toyed with a larger NPCS layout on a set of G&H baseboards I have in the stash

50133098251_c76830261f_c.jpg

but I opted for a smaller layout using SMS 77L RUB boards (as with Lockdown Fen).

The initial plans...

50312353431_d6a333b4e7_c.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

There's more...I stuck with traditional Peco as I have two Hornby 31s that simply won't work on the Peco BullHead..the working title for this layout was initially "Brush Street"...says it all..

50404975936_19734b8435_z.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Starting to look like a trainset...the flat sheet at the front will be used to form the front profile fascia when most of the scenery is done.

50422907496_82188c9cf4_c.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Peco point modifications...

50411398076_6c070936ef_z.jpg

Morning Chris, 

Are these extra feeds then wired up or is the mod simply to improve the continuity ? 

Rob. 

• RMweb Premium

Looking at the track plan would I be correct in thinking two small radius right and one small radius left all code 75 

After seeing Dock Street sidings and chatting with you at Weston super Mare I am about to start build something similar as yet unnamed.

As I didn’t want to copy your Dock Street Siding plan, my plan is now the same as your new plan.

So I will be watching with keen interest.

Loved the article in this months RM

Terry 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Chris, 

Are these extra feeds then wired up or is the mod simply to improve the continuity ? 

Rob. 

I leave the wire long and use it as a track feed anyway 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Looking at the track plan would I be correct in thinking two small radius right and one small radius left all code 75 

After seeing Dock Street sidings and chatting with you at Weston super Mare I am about to start build something similar as yet unnamed.

As I didn’t want to copy your Dock Street Siding plan, my plan is now the same as your new plan.

So I will be watching with keen interest.

Loved the article in this months RM

Terry 

Hi Terry - All small Code 75.

I've also found that this orientation with the RH turnouts rather than LH is much better in use with the Kadee couplers I use.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, marc smith said:

Great start, and very quick progress, and it's another layout that I'm sure will be a winner :)
I don't know how you find the time & energy to build all these layouts @Gilbert
Are you drinking 30 cups of coffee a day? ;)

Thanks Marc - 2 or 3 cups normally sorts me out although when we are back to shows that may notch up.

I think the key factors are:

1. I'm fortunate to have a garage workbench where I can leave the project and tools and just come to it when I have a bit of time.
  2. I'm even more fortunate to have a partner who is happy for me to leave my small projects on our little (currently almost never) used Dining Room table!

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 1