GWR Loriot Y in BR days

Hey guys, I am asking this query on behalf of a friend is mine.

Recently my friend has been looking at purchasing one of the OO shapeways 3D printed kits of the GWR Loriot Y wagons, with the intention of the wagon being in BR livery.

However with the exception of GWR photos (preservation and pre-preservation) and photos of last surviving example 41990 in it's last days at Bescot, he cannot find anything of either Loriot Y during their BR days.

Does anyone here have any ideas or knowledge as to what liveries either 41989/990 would've beared during the BR era?

• RMweb Gold

BR unfitted wagon grey with black chassis (if you can call it a chassis on a Loriot) and buffer beams.  The wooden deck would be unpainted in early BR days, and of course the wagon number has a W prefix in this livery.  The wagons might have retained GW livery for some time after nationalisation.  

This is the correct links but I believe he has already mentioned the photos in Bescot.

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/gwrloriotlowmac/ecd70e6b   https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/gwrloriotlowmac/e17358fd8   apart from the addition of TOPS code & maintenance panel. Probably not repainted for many years. A most unexpected find! Apparently conserved at the SVR GWR 41990 Machinery Flat built 1939 (rhrp.org.uk)

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul

On 18/03/2021 at 18:20, Miss Prism said:

Is the Loriot Y the Titfield one?

That's the type used but I can't remember which of the two was in the film. I'm currently trying to make one from a shortened Mainline 'Crocodile H' body after a case of mazac rot shattered the plastic platform at one end. 

Dave R.

• Friendly/supportive 1