Hamburg DB S-Bahn HO models

wilwahabri

I would like to add S-Bahn trains to my Hamburg model railway. I currently live in Hamburg and have the ICE V, 1,2, 3 and T trains along with the DB Regio double deck trains and the IC trains. I have a Metronom on order. However, wherever I look no one seems to make the BR 243 multiple unit S-Bahn trains.

Anyone know if these are available from any manufacturer? I would have thought they would have been popular. Maybe when Miniatur Wuderland re-opens they may know as I am sure they have S-Bahn trains on their layout.

• RMweb Premium

I found this: https://www.stadtimmodell.de/shop/schienenfahrzeuge-h0-und-n/s-bahn-modelle-h0-und-n/br-490-s-bahn-hamburg.html

It's the new BR 490 available in H0 in sets with various configurations and options. However, although it is a mass market model it is not yet available to buy :-)

I hadn't heard of the producer before and they have at least one other item in the works, so I guess keep an eye out for progress.

14 hours ago, wilwahabri said:

I would like to add S-Bahn trains to my Hamburg model railway. I currently live in Hamburg and have the ICE V, 1,2, 3 and T trains along with the DB Regio double deck trains and the IC trains. I have a Metronom on order. However, wherever I look no one seems to make the BR 243 multiple unit S-Bahn trains.

Anyone know if these are available from any manufacturer? I would have thought they would have been popular. Maybe when Miniatur Wuderland re-opens they may know as I am sure they have S-Bahn trains on their layout.

Any pics of you layout on the Forum Wilwahabri ?

• Like 1

A small 1/87 vehicle manufacturer VK modelle did propose the Hamburg S Bahn units the one that had the pantograph as as well as shoe (my knowledge is limited) they were in plastic and mass produced im not sure if it reached production as the company ceased the vehicle range.

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...