dummy chassis for Grafar loco?

Royal42

• RMweb Gold

I have acquired this Grafar locomotive body and was going to scratchbuild a chassis for it. 

20210320_143345.jpg.af24616547b3bc7886841ae297059a88.jpg

The loco will be a non-running static model and would like to know if anyone produces a dummy chassis for it? 

20210320_143407.jpg.cfe3f88e2d8503c0a1c38f8578b21897.jpg

It would save me time having to scratchuild one.

cheers,
Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mike,

I think its a GWR 2-6-2T so you could get a 61XX chassis kit from the Association, or David Eveleigh does a 45XX chassis, though for the Dapol body.

An alternative might be to get a GF chassis already complete with wheels etc - maybe a simpler option.

Nigel Hunt

• RMweb Gold

Hello Nigel,

thanks for this.  I only joined the association (paid subscription) yesterday, so haven't received my membership details yet; however, I shall look for the 61XX chassis kit when I can.  I have just looked for the chassis with wheels at the  Graham Farish but could only find bodies.  Any advice on where to look specifically?  I do like the choices of bodies and at affordable prices, I will look at those again later, thank you for advising me of GF.

Mike

Edited by Royal42

• RMweb Gold

Hi Phil,

The layout I am planning is LMS/LNWR/BR and I have been advised that this body wouldn't be seen on that layout.  So, if you have something to trade then it could find itself attaching to your chassis!  I am only just starting out on this little venture, so l'm looking for anything; such as track, curves or even a body that fits my layout.

cheers,
Mike

Edited by Royal42

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Royal42 said:

Hi Phil,

The layout I am planning is LMS/LNWR/BR and I have been advised that this body wouldn't be seen on that layout.  So, if you have something to trade then it could find itself attaching to your chassis!  I am only just starting out on this little venture, so l'm looking for anything; such as track, curves or even a body that fits my layout.

cheers,
Mike

PM sent.....