Gillbury Small Terminus Station 7mm

NSE DAZ

Hi All,

Its time to start back up again after spending a couple of years away playing buses! 

Lockdown has got me thinking about life in general, life is too short and one thing that I do keep putting on the back burner is a home/exhibition style 7mm layout!!  its one of those things that I keep putting off but feel that the time is right to start back up. As many of you know I have spells of starting and not finishing layouts, but hey most of us do that, dont we? I sold Croydon North Street off a couple of years ago now after attending 19 exhibitions in two years, we got burnt out.... I do miss the shows and the new friends that I made along the way so by creating a new build I hope that I can rejoin my long lost family once more!

The track will be based on a minorise small urban style passenger layout with a scenic section of 16ft x 2ft and a separate fiddle yard being around 8ft x 2ft. The layout will be designed to fit in my garage of our new home we will be moving into in the near future (The fiddle yard only to be used with the garage door open) The layout will also being portable to show at exhibitions. The layout will be based on the late 1980s/early 90s again it will be Network SouthEast themed. The layout will have a third rail so EMU's can be used along with DEMU's and diesel stock.

So the stock......I can reveal that so far I have the following:

Class 4EPB fully finished with sound and in NSE livery

Class 2EPB fully finished with sound and in NSE livery

Class 4VEP fully finished with sound and in NSE livery

These are all with Peter Clark at the moment and are the one's that he used on his layout Leavesden.

Heljan Class 50 - 50 029 Renown in Revised NSE livery. This is at the Weathering works soon to be getting transformed.

I have pre-orders in for 4x MK2A NSE Heljan coaches along with a Heljan Class 73 in large logo livery.

I have never been that good at building layouts so have asked the help of an RMwebber to kick start the build, so planning behind the scenes will start soon (More on this later)

Thanks all and hope you enjoy the upcoming ventures of Gillbury....

Stay Safe!

Darren NSE DAZ

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, 37114 said:

Sounds great Daz, 19 shows in 2 years is a lot!

Many thanks, yes it was so much fun but we also was burning the candle at both ends!! One month we attended four shows, we never saw our families it got a little too much. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Sounds like a good start Daz, another 7mm Layout will please many.

Andrew to be honest you got me back into the game! I have been watching all your videos they are fantastic. Cheers

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Welcome back Daz good to hear you're planning another layout. Must catch up soon.

Hi Ian many thanks, yes when this COVID does one we must have a catch up for sure! Hope you are well. Cheers

Hi all,

Just a shout to Alan at Modelu and to Claudia Everett who painted these four figures for me the detail is fantastic.

Going to place a order for a few more.

Cheers

Darren NSE DAZ

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 5.11.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 5.10.49 PM.png

001 (1).JPG

002.JPG

Edited by NSE DAZ
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, NSE DAZ said:

Hi Ian many thanks, yes when this COVID does one we must have a catch up for sure! Hope you are well. Cheers

All good thanks and been getting on with rebuild of Exford Park whilst Tidworth has been off the road.

MidHants diesel gala June 26-27th, Lion out and about, just saying!;)

• Friendly/supportive 1

56 minutes ago, scoobyra said:

BING BING BONG!!!

48 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

i wish he’d turn those bloody 20s off!

Nah theres plenty more where that come from bigger speakers in 7mm as well...............:senile:

50 minutes ago, pitbull1845 said:

Yay! Welcome home Daz. Sounds like a nice project to announce your return with. Good luck..

Scott

Hi Scott hope you ae well mate, many thanks apprecieated cheers

Hi all I purchased some NSE style platform benches from ebay last week, I have taken them out of the box but to me they just look way off scale, do you agree? The figure is from Modelu and the bin from Peter Clark's range just to put it all into perspective.

I know Peter Clark sale's the brass kits of these benches but for me are awkward to assemble, the 3D printed options seem the way to go. I have asked a 3D printing company to have a look at making some for me so fingers crosses!!

Cheers Darren NSE DAZ

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 2.34.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 2.34.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 2.34.00 PM.png

Edited by NSE DAZ
  • Like 1