Two Setrack points and some track

Penybontshed

C'mon give us some eye candy.  Show us your locos and stock.

You haven't said what size you are looking at.

I started building the Scalescenes Canal Dock kit blown up to 7mm.  There's an Industrial kit as well:

https://scalescenes.com/product/ly01-industrial-boxfile-layout/

If you are new to layouts, it seems to me this would be a good place to start.

John

What is the rolling stock and what are the loco's? Knowing what those are can go some way to helping decide what you should build. It's no good suggesting a coal depot layout if you have fish wagons, for example.

Stoneferry Engineering is a nice simple little track plan, it should be easy to tailor that to your chosen subject.

Ian

I have purchased (on a series of impulses!) an Ixion Fowler, a Dapol Terrier and an LT Pannier.

I have mainly freight stock and want to fill a space of 5x1 feet so i can store it easily. I am happy with hand operated points and want to just have a shuffle round of wagons/vans.

I am really enjoying the scale and also venturing into weathering wagons for the first time.

IMG_0387

IMG_0385

IMG_0384

IMG_0382

Here you are 5 ft long, 19 inches wide and 17 inches high. Fiddle sticks clip on both ends. The top track also goes through the left hand end scene and can have a fiddle stick clipped to it. This is DCC, including the points, but would be easy without, just feeds at either end through on/off switches and insulating gaps between the points. May be less fun without DCC as it often needs two loco's to shunt the sidings as it has no on-scene run round loop which is why I suggest on/off switches for the two feeds. Can't go into detail on the electrics as they were installed by the previous owner, suffice it to say they work well, very easy to lose yourself in shunting for the odd half hour or so.

• Like 13

Guest WM183

I now find myself daydreaming about layouts confined to 2 points and limited space. Eager to see what you come up with!

Amanda