Henderson's Relish Wagon

Oliver Rails

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Sounds like a marketing stunt to me.  Whatever next?  A girder wagon advertising Irn-bru?

Possibly. A 6-wheel milk tanker advertising lager; tar tanker advertising Marmite....

Advertising? No... It'll never happen.... 

2ND BATCH ANNOUNCED!

Many thanks to everyone who ordered the Henderson's Relish wagon. The first batch sold out within just 3 hours.

We are pleased to confirm a second batch is in production and is coming soon! Don't miss out, pre-order today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ManofKent said:

I might be a Man of Kent, but as my Darnel born grandmother used to remind me, I'm a quarter Yorkshire. As a child we'd pick some up along with Thornton's toffee (back when that was still largely a regional company) when visiting relatives.

I remember Thornton's toffee. 

Last time I looked there was still a shop on our High Street.

It's closing down though  :(

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I remember Thornton's toffee. 

Last time I looked there was still a shop on our High Street.

It's closing down though  :(

They all are....sadly

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Just wanted to add my approbation to this relish.  Heard about it on Radio 4's 'Kitchen Cabinet', found it in the York B. & B. on holiday later, and now drizzle it over the veggie-curry-mash rolls for weekend lunches.  One should not say this, but 'it is like Worcestershire sauce, but vegan' (so my partner can eat it as well).  Wonderful in gravy.  Not sure if it has the Anglo-Indian provenance like Worcestershire though.  We can even get it in Sainsbury's now.

6 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

Possibly. A 6-wheel milk tanker advertising lager; tar tanker advertising Marmite....

Advertising? No... It'll never happen.... 

Lager tankers were real though. Probably more a Continental thing though there was the Graham's Lager tankers.

https://hmrs.org.uk/photographs/grahams-lager-alloa-10t-ale-tank-no-115-op-1947-exwks-f3r-vacb-a-arrol-sons-graham-apos-s-golden-lager-see-also-aat629-for-no-112.html

https://hmrs.org.uk/photographs/allsopp-s-burton-on-trent-12t-beer-tank-no-97-graham-apos-s-golden-lager-on-tank-sides.html

You can even get one RTR.

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/35413/oxford-rail-or76tk2006-oo-gauge-12-ton-tank-wagon-graham-s-golden-lager-no-113?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItKu91Z3J7wIVSdTtCh0ZyAlZEAQYASABEgJNJfD_BwE

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, C126 said:

Just wanted to add my approbation to this relish.  Heard about it on Radio 4's 'Kitchen Cabinet', found it in the York B. & B. on holiday later, and now drizzle it over the veggie-curry-mash rolls for weekend lunches.  One should not say this, but 'it is like Worcestershire sauce, but vegan' (so my partner can eat it as well).  Wonderful in gravy.  Not sure if it has the Anglo-Indian provenance like Worcestershire though.  We can even get it in Sainsbury's now.

Try it on fish and chips.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Try it on fish and chips.

Mike.

I have given up fish, but we have chips with dinner to-night.  Do you advise the relish alone, or still with salt &/or vinegar?

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, C126 said:

I have given up fish, but we have chips with dinner to-night.  Do you advise the relish alone, or still with salt &/or vinegar?

No vinegar, pure Hendos, I don't do salt on anything, but I would say salt to personal taste.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

No vinegar, pure Hendos, I don't do salt on anything, but I would say salt to personal taste.

Mike.

Smashing.  Looking forward to dinner to-night... :) (But then, when do I not?!?)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I needed a bottle of this stuff for Potato Ash recipe.

It's a bit pricey but it does come with a free wagon!

Kev.

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Now that's just completely daft! But has to be better than presenting such a dodgy model of a salt wagon in a real salt wagon livery and passing it off as an authentic model. What are the shiny metal strips intended to represent?

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

The Wrenn Salt Wagon had similar hand rails.

Aha. This would appear to be the Wrenn body on an updated underframe - the same underframe as the relish van..

Compare: https://wrennmodelrailways.com/wrenn-w4665p-salt-wagon-saxa-salt-10t-low-roof-van-rolling-stock-753.html.

Edited by Compound2632