Joining non paying websites on YouTube

1ngram

Maybe this is the wrong place for this but I can't see anywhere better.  I'm an

"anonymous" on YouTube.  I like to watch good model railway videos like OOBill and Chadwick and I'd like to put a moniker when I make comments.  But I can't see how to do it.  The information tells me to "JOIN" and that this button is beside "Subscribe*. I've subscribed to both but I remain anonymous.  If I look at, say, Sam's Trains there is a JOIN button.  It seems that the join button exists only on sites which charge money to join.  Yet other people have their monikers when they comment on free sites like Chadwick.  How did they do that?  Did they join a paying site and then find that this automatically allowed them a name to make comments under in another free site as well.  Clarification if how I go from being anonymous to having my monikers displayed in comments on such free sites would be welcome.  Help!

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, 1ngram said:

When I make a comment that's who it says us making it.

What do you mean signed in to YouTube?

Do you have a YouTube / Google account as you will need to be signed in to leave comments with your username. It's like RMWeb, you need to have an account and need to be signed in to create topics and reply to them.

11 minutes ago, 1ngram said:

What do you mean signed in to YouTube?

You can have a YouTube login, which when you sign up will normally be linked to a Google e-mail account.  You should be able to log in, or set up a YouTube account if you don't have one up in the top right of the screen.  I think your YouTube account name should then appear when you comment on a video.

Ok I set up an account with Google and it put me into YouTube.  Think I must now have multiple accounts in google.  Thanks for the help.  I'm trying to persuade bill to take on a repair of an old Rivarossi loco I have cos I can't find anyone who offers repairs of them.