Parkside models PS21 Trestle Wagon - O gauge

Hi, has anyone built the O gauge Parkside Models PS21 BR trestle wagon? Having successfully cut my teeth on several other kits including the 20 ton hopper, I genuinely thought this Trestle Wagon would be a breeze but the under frame detail stumps me as well as a few elements on top.  If anyone has I number of decent up close photos show the model would be really appreciated.  I’ve not got too far as per the attached photo .  The instructions are frankly rubbish so any help off anyone would be welcomed 

93F2EB10-E1D6-4D1D-A29E-C4659BA20ADB.jpeg

ADB44280-9F85-4011-9882-BC1F034DE96C.jpeg

Cant say I have built one and you don't  say exactly where you are stumped but it is essentially a plate wagon. A trestle sits on the floor inclined towards the one  side. 

I have not seen the new box  but there used to be a photo on the box.  If not there is a photo on most retailer's websites of what it should look like  that may help.

https://www.hamodels.net/lner-21-ton-trestle-wagon.html for example for the 00 gauge version

It looks OK so far.

Andy

Edited by SM42
add and correct a bit of info now I'm not using the phone

What is the problem? You appear to have made good progress so far. The frame is identical to the Plate wagon kits. If I built another one I would follow George Dents' advice in this months Model Rail April 2021) and use real wood for the frame. It is easier than his 4mm build as the iron work that holds the frame together is provided as etchings. 

Thesehttps://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brtrestleaa are the later, build Trestle AA, the Parkside is reproducing the earlier ones built on converted 

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Thanks 1