Ignore function

It would appear that is only possibly by the exercise of willpower.

Certainly from here it has no "ignore" button. It does however have a "moderation actions" button, which brings-up a menu of one option: "hide".

If I select that, I I assume that will have to spend all night cowering in the cupboard under the stairs, so I shalln't do that.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
On 26/03/2021 at 20:45, Nearholmer said:

The bulletin about this earlier ended "A fix has now been implemented."

Is it just me then?

It still doesn't seem active, so that I'm now being served with threads that I long ago slunk out of.

It's definitely working, it's just that the old plugin ceased to work and had to be removed, at that point the original ignored topics became unignored. The new plugin was brought in and the unignored need to be ignored once more. Simple, huh?

I've left this area, and a couple of others, impossible to ignore in case information is important enough that it shouldn't be jgnored. ;)

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Sorry Andy but it doesn't work for me  either in Firefox or Edge on the latest version of Windows 10.

I've cleared the RMWeb cookies, turned off NoScript etc. rebooted and reignored some topics in Wheeltappers but they still appear for me.

Dave

• Agree 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Danemouth said:

reignored some topics in Wheeltappers but they still appear for me.

Are they appearing in the subforum listing but not the VNC or other feeds?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Danemouth said:

They appear in the subforum listing but not VNC

Dave

Ok, thanks.

That's the permutation that I selected with the new plug in as we, otherwise, lost the ability to unignore topics as that facility had been lost in a previous iteration. So, they'll appear in indexes but not in VNC, Activity feeds or Searches.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Ok, thanks.

That's the permutation that I selected with the new plug in as we, otherwise, lost the ability to unignore topics as that facility had been lost in a previous iteration. So, they'll appear in indexes but not in VNC, Activity feeds or Searches.

Thanks for clarifying that Andy, aren't computers wonderful, it's no wonder we are both tonsurally challenged :rolleyes:

Dave

1 hour ago, 50002Superb said:

Can anyone explain this to me in plain English please? Does it mean all previously ignored topics have to be ignored again?

That is my understanding, I wonder what gems are about to be unleashed upon me - so far nothing I previously ignored has shown it's ugly face again.

Mind it does take a certain kind of tedium for me to get the 'ignore' button out of the bag.

9 hours ago, njee20 said:

It’s two words? I’ve never never opened the thread, because I know it wouldn’t interest me. It had never occurred to me to ignore a thread until this thread!

I only enter the forum via 'View New Content', and by ignoring all the threads that don't interest,

or bore, me, it saves a lot of time scrolling down/loading more activity.

Life is too short!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I have ignored a few now, give it a whirl! :lol:

i also always view through VNC, but I probably open 1 in 20 anyway, so ignoring (in the old meaning, not a technological ignoring!) the perpetual threads has never been a huge problem!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, 50002Superb said:

what a waste of time. 

I guess it shows how much of RMweb is custom-modified by Andy, and that the custom mods are under constant peril of giving up the ghost. Which is an indictment on Invision in my view. Previously, I had approx 4k ignored threads, so VNC now is a bit of a pain for me. I probably won't start ignoring topics again though because it is time-consuming, and the breakdown cycle is likely to continue. I imagine Andy spends a lot of time repairing the machinery.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Miss Prism said:

I imagine Andy spends a lot of time repairing the machinery.

The perils of modifying ready-to-run software! Considering the extensive use you'd made of ignoring topics can I ask of how much value it would be to able to ignore a complete sub-forum?

• Like 1