Mk1 Pullman glazing

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I’m looking for some Mk1 Pullman glazing for my Royal Scotsman build. The coaches I bought to convert were all second hand with damaged glazing so it all got binned. I’ve done a google but nothing turned up. Anyone got any lying about? I’d be happy to pay for it of course. Looking for 8 coaches worth lol. 

cheers, Ryan. 

Any kind of factory glazing is very hard to find. Did you ask Bachmann?  What was wrong with the glazing? If it was glue you can sometimes  remove  it  with metal polish.

The only other thing would be to use Comet sides to replace the originals if you are repainting anyway.  Then you can use flat glazing material.  

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I don't think anyone does a flush glazing set. SE Finecast make MK 1 flush glazing, u would need to check their website to see if they do that coach. If not, glazing designed for another coach might fit if you can find a suitable one.

http://www.sefinecast.co.uk/Flushglaze Windows/Flushglaze Windows Table.htm

Otherwise you are just back to sticking a strip of clear glazing behind the appatures. I did this on some triang mk 1s and, to be honest, when they are running on the layout I don't notice the lack of flush glazing. 

Edited by ikcdab

Southern Pride still list their Mk.1 Pullman window frames (self-adhesvie). They may not be the complete solution, but might work if stuck to some glazing material that could be cut out and put into the apertures.

http://www.southernpridemodels.co.uk/

Go to 'Interior Seat Parts & Accessories' tab,

then from there 'British Rail parts 2' tab and then scroll to item P178.

Edited by BernardTPM

• RMweb Premium
On 04/04/2021 at 21:43, BernardTPM said:

Southern Pride still list their Mk.1 Pullman window frames (self-adhesvie). They may not be the complete solution, but might work if stuck to some glazing material that could be cut out and put into the apertures.

http://www.southernpridemodels.co.uk/

Go to 'Interior Seat Parts & Accessories' tab,

then from there 'British Rail parts 2' tab and then scroll to item P178.

Thanks for that but that’s not what I’m looking for. I had custom etched window frames produced for me so it’s just the glazing I’m after. The old glazing was brittle and cracked and unusable so had to be binned. 

• RMweb Premium
On 04/04/2021 at 19:36, drgj said:

Any kind of factory glazing is very hard to find. Did you ask Bachmann?  What was wrong with the glazing? If it was glue you can sometimes  remove  it  with metal polish.

The only other thing would be to use Comet sides to replace the originals if you are repainting anyway.  Then you can use flat glazing material.  

Dave

Does comet do Royal Scotsman specific sides? I’ve modified the 10 coaches I have to the correct window arrangement, which was easy as it was just the plastic coach sides. I’ve never worked with brass sides. 

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, drgj said:

They are probably just the original types. I didn't realise yours were special ones.

Have you had a look at the Southern Pride site? They might have something.

Yeah mine have all been cut and shut to replicate the coaches odd window arrangements. And yeah checked Southern Pride but nothing suitable. May just have to look into some custom cut acrylic.