Chassis' for Graham Farish bodies?

Royal42

• RMweb Gold

I see  lots of Graham Farish bodies for sale on the web that are at very affordable prices, but can't find anything equally affordable for connecting chassis'.   I would presume that I am looking in the wrong areas, although I have checked GF spares, Peter's spares and eBay.  My layout is a non-working scratchbuild and, as such, I could do with finding a source that deals in non-working, dummy or broken chassis units. 

If that is unsuccessful, are there any cheap plans available of chassis units in order that I could scratchbuild them?

cheers,

Mike

Edited by Royal42

• Royal42 changed the title to Chassis' for Graham Farish bodies?
14 minutes ago, Royal42 said:

I see  lots of Graham Farish bodies for sale on the web that are at very affordable prices, but can't find anything equally affordable for connecting chassis'.   I would presume that I am looking in the wrong areas, although I have checked GF spares, Peter's spares and eBay.  My layout is a non-working scratchbuild and, as such, I could do with finding a source that deals in non-working, dummy or broken chassis units. 

If that is unsuccessful, are there any cheap plans available of chassis units in order that I could scratchbuild them?

cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike, 

There's quite often something on ebay listed as non- working or a non-runner. I remember about 10 years ago, I think it was Del Prado did a range of N gauge miniatures that are static and can be picked up rather cheaply online. 

If you wanted to use the Farish bodies then the 2mm Scale Association does some etched chassis replacement kits but you'll need to source your own wheels if you didn't want to use the ones from the association. You could look at 3d printed plastic ones from various online shops if you are just intent on making them static models. 

Adam

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Adam,

I did check out the Del Prado; however, they are 1:160 scale and hardly any British subjects.  I have recently joined the 2mm Association and am currently looking at the site; although, I have been advised that a complete chassis; for a Black 5 as an example, would come to over £100 and that definitely is not affordable to me. That could be great for a running layout but not for me.

I searched around the eBay site but couldn't find a tab, down the left side, showing choices for non-runners.  I shall look again though, as I didn't realise that might be a choice.

I do have a 3D printer and could CAD and print my own if I could source some plans of them.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Royal42