Cobbydale Quay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/06/2021 at 05:17, sleepyrider said:

Like this - though know what you mean re motivation sometimes!

When I was heavily into outdoor largescale railways I would spend six months straight just building locomotives and rolling stock and the other six months I did not even want to look at a railway item.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Lovely layout this, the use of walls for the edging works really well, giving the impression of elevation. Could you say what the overall dimensions of the layout are? I've a spare six by two and would like to try something similar.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Keith

Hi Keith. The layout is about 5.5ft by 1ft.....the scenic section is 4ft long and there is a storage area about 1ft long beyond the loco shed...I used peco loco lifts as cassettes. There is a small hidden siding (fits 1 wagon) the other side of the warehouse opposite the loco fiddle yard.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Apologies for the lack of updates recently. To be honest not much as changed with the layout, just been adding little details here and there, like point levers, a few figures and some detritus scattered about. 

Also I have plucked up the courage to have a go at weathering my stock...the wagons are my first attempts and then I got brave and attacked the blue W4, quite pleased with the results.

IMG_20220109_214155.jpg

IMG_20220109_211324.jpg

IMG_20211211_213240.jpg

IMG_20220102_231453.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...