Private Owner wagons

Forgive me if the answer is obvious but there were hundreds of thousands of private owner wagons in the pre-grouping period,  Does anyone make a CAD version of a nine foot wheelbase, wooden chassis, seven plank, (Glouscester 1907?) wagon?  I'm a modeller in British H0 so any current scale would allow it to be resized.  I've discovered a source of Private Owner transfers in H0 and would very much like to add some Private Owner wagons to my GNSR layout.  Help !

Have any GNSR wagons etc been done is another question.

4 hours ago, billbedford said:

Do you know a source of 9-spoked wheels?

steam Era Models in OZ, do HO size wheels, 11.08mm. RP 99 They have a website. www.steameramodels.com

Edited by 1ngram
Clarification

5 hours ago, Furness Wagon said:

I'm currently re drawing our 7mm range so they can be made in 4mm. Scaling down to 3.5mm is easier than 4. What do you want?

Marc

As said a standard Private Owner wagon with 9 foot Wheelbase chassis.  I've found a source of PO transfers who will make them for me in HO, lots of Scots ones amongst them.  So I can use them on my HO GNSR layout.  I want the model so all I need to add are the wheels, or maybe buffers as well.  What you got and what price?

Edited by 1ngram
Typos

I've now had a look thru your extensive 7mm catalogue.  I'm looking for wagons in 3.5mm with both body and chassis in plastic.  I'm happy to provide fittings like buffers and couplings myself. I see you do a 1909 wagon, 7 plank FRWC 48 which, if it's on a 9foot chassis would be fine for private owner pre- grouping.

I should also point out that my principal layout is GNSR so I would be overjoyed if any of the GNSR wagons like the box van,brake van,cattle, coke and 3 plank were to become available in HO.  I've made the bodies of the first three in this scale in the past myself in either brass etch. 3D plastic or resin but have always been daunted by the lack of an appropriate plastic chassis in HO for these GNSR models, Scotch brakes and all.  As I say I would welcome any of these in 3.5mm.

• 1 month later...

I've had no IT for over a month. Finally got it back up and running this morning. Just before everything died I did a print of our Mid-wales brake van in 4mm. It worked fine so I will be shrinking more in the next few weeks.

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Only just found an email address for you on your website so I'll email about at least one currently plastic body you have in 7mm I'd buy a couple or more of it it were available in 3.5nm.  GNSR 3 plank and if that's possible some PO wagons as the British 1/87 Society is producing 3D chassis or at least solebars meaning we only need the 3D bodies from you not any brass chassis.

• RMweb Premium

Were there many private owners on the Great North? My impression is that most coal came in in by sea to Aberdeen and was distributed in the company's own wagons. This impression is based on a Board of Trade Accident Report that I discussed here:

However, I had to revise my assumptions in the light of a comment by @sulzer27jd:

There is currently a GNSRA member (John Ross) doing work on local PO wagons with, hopefully, his research appearing in the Review sometime soon.  Also look at Robbie's Rolling Stock to see printed local PO sides mainly culled, I am told, from HMRS photos.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, 1ngram said:

There is currently a GNSRA member (John Ross) doing work on local PO wagons with, hopefully, his research appearing in the Review sometime soon.  Also look at Robbie's Rolling Stock to see printed local PO sides mainly culled, I am told, from HMRS photos.

I'm afraid the base wagons for Robbie's Rolling Stock give me the pre-Grouping gyp, along with the modern fonts used, which do not represent period signwriting styles at all well. Anyway, it's heartening to know that someone's researching the subject, though I'm afraid it's a bit remote from my West Midlands sphere of interest!

• Agree 1