Kato Eurostar Full 18 trailers

WestRail642fan

Hi, im in the market of the Kato Class 373 in the e300 livery but im having a spot of bother with the trailers you get with the basic set and the addon packs

The basic set 8 car set (10-1297) comes with two power cars and 6 trailers (2x Standard Motor, 2x Standard class and 2x first class brake), fair enough. But its the 4 trailer pack (10-1298) that is the problem since the pack comes with two standard class trailers, the buffet car and a first class trailer.  Meaning that if i were to buy 4 backs, i would end up with 2x power cars, 2X standard Motors, 8x standard trailers, 4x buffet cars, 4x first class trailers and 2x first class brakes, meaning i end up with two spare buffet trailers left over.

Does or did Kato ever release altered 4 coach packs or single coaches to help aid those aiming for a full 20 coach (18 coach if you dont count the power cars)?

No, Kato only issue the one extension pack format.

As you rightly state, you need four packs for the correct consist.

When I set my original Eurostars up by buying four extension sets, I put the surplus residual sets, comprising two seconds and two buffets on eBay, but clearly marking them as such.

• Like 1