Lima Class 101 Chassis

Hi there,

I'm looking for a Lima Class 101 plastic chassis for the power car (or failing that, a complete power car).

I have tried ebay but have only found one with an asking price of £29 with postage which seems a bit excessive for a piece of plastic and weight.

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of any potential stockists of Lima body/chassis parts?

Thanks,

Paul 

Edited by Intercity125
description amended

Does anyone know if the Hornby Class 101 Power Chassis will take the Lima powered bogie as a direct fit, or if any modifications need to be made.  In essence, do the bogie tabs at each end of the Lima bogie fit into the channel of the bogie frame to allow it to pivot?

Any help/advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

1 hour ago, Intercity125 said:

Does anyone know if the Hornby Class 101 Power Chassis will take the Lima powered bogie as a direct fit, or if any modifications need to be made.

Paul,

I have a Lima Class 101 2-Car set, so I can provide some dimensions / photos of the power bogie and the underfloor opening for the power bogie if that helps?

Ian

20 hours ago, ISW said:

Paul,

I have a Lima Class 101 2-Car set, so I can provide some dimensions / photos of the power bogie and the underfloor opening for the power bogie if that helps?

Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for your reply.  I have a broken Lima power chassis and would be able to get dimension sfrom that.  But in essence, I'm looking to find out if the Hornby chassis with the top plastic motor mount removed would work.

Regards,

Paul

16 hours ago, Going Spare said:

Motor bogies are not interchangeable as the Hornby version is top-hung.  Only complete chassis are direct replacements.

Hi there, I was wondering if the Lima motor would clip into the Hornby bogie frame once the plastic top mount is removed.  I'm trying to establish if the chassis will allow the Lima motor to clip in to the channels (assuming it has got them) that will allow the bogie to slide left/right at each end.

Regards,

Paul

On 06/04/2021 at 20:45, Going Spare said:

Check out the chassis exploded view on Hornby service sheet 301 but I think you will find once the top mount is removed, there is no ready way of the underframe carrying the bogie frame.

Thank you.  I think that i will either look to source a Lima power car complete, or a Hornby version that has the advantage of being DCC ready.  It will be a simple case of swapping the body that I currently have.

All that remains is the challenge of finding one on e-bay for reasonable money.......

Regards,

Paul  

• RMweb Premium

Depending on your accurate cutting skills you could always open out the hole that's left and put in some curved plasticard end sections and small fillets at the sides for the bogie to bear on, to replicate the Lima underframe.