British 1/87 Society magazine - Satellite

1ngram

Our Society magazine, Satellite, halted a few years back after 60 odd issues.  All are still available free in the files section of our forum.  However we have decided to start it up again and we are in the process of collecting articles, snippets of relevant news, wants and for sale, indeed anything relevant.  If you have anything you think could be included send it to me at kennclark@btinternet.com in the first instance and I will forward it to our editor.  The more graphics the better.  

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping to get this issue of Satellite out by the month so it's "Last Calls" for any HO material you fancy including.  Any Wants, any Sales, any snippets of interest in the British 3.5mm world send them to me kennclark@btinternet.com

Just to let everyone know that, after a considerable hiatus, the online magazine of the British 1/87 Society, Satellite 69 has just been published.

It can be accessed free If you go to http://www.british-ho.com/society/index_society.htm and click on the word HERE in "Download Spring 2021 issue HERE." This opens Satellite 69 as a PDF in a new tab or new window, no login or membership required.

Membership of the Society is free and gives access to the previous 68 issues of the magazine as well as various files giving more information about British H0 modeling.  There is also a free Forum for members.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...

If you go to the Forum general page you will see a list on the left.  Go to Files and there scroll down to almost the end of the list to find Journals.  Clicking there will reveal PDFs of all the back issues.

Any other problems just post on the Forum and someone is bound to be able to help.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

It is a big relief to me to see the return of the magazine; and with plenty of useful content. I suggest, if you can manage two issues a year this will keep many people busy with fresh ideas. I am especially grateful for the notes on the Playcraft mineral wagons; I knew they had possibilities but I couldn't work out how to start.

- Richard.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...

The latest issue of Satellite, Number 72, Spring 20922, all 52 pages of it, is now available direct here:

http://www.british-ho.com/society/satellite_72_1.pdf

Full of interesting reading and free to all. The next issue should be out in June and the editor is always looking for interesting material on 3.5mm modelling.  If you have any such send it in to him.  His address is on the back page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...