Hornby announces model of Thompson class A2/2 No. 60507 Prince of Wales

LNER4479

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

It will be the same item as announced by another manufacturer tomorrow - but don't worry it has been under development for months.

...and no, you can't see the CAD, or hear what the specification will be, or what the price will be!

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Funny 2

They're finally going to new-tool Lord of the Isles! :locomotive:

(Pre grouping, they've got bogie* and 6-wheel coaches for it to tow, its GREEN!)

* Perhaps they're going to retool the long Clerestories too? :rolleyes:

:jester:

in fact

:rofl:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

I know .... 

Attempts to beat Rails of Sheffield to market with a LNWR Improved Precedent show signs of undue haste ... 

phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpeg.d14504be1f823de506c8b4bd5897dccd.jpeg

Oooh a South Devon 2-4-0, now we're talking Hornby :D

Front wheel looks a little out of scale though

25 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

The “Class” consisted of one loco, numbered 101....any other number is purely fictional! ;)

:diablo_mini:

I know only one was produced which was why i chosen number 104. it is April fools day after all! :lol:   On a more serious note if there is an actual new product announcement from Hornby they might use April fools day as a "Red Herring" and there might actually be a product announcement or it is just joke considering the day!   Off topic Coronation Street announced about 5 years ago a 10,000 disk set complete DVD release of every episode produced for a very large sum and fans actually believed this to be true despite the day it was announced! 

• Like 2

• LNER4479 changed the title to Hornby announces model of Thompson class A2/2 No. 60507 Prince of Wales