New Accurascale Coach Range - Welcome to our Haulmark....

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, rembrow said:

The missing link is the motive power. To fit in with the generic idea, what we need is a generic hauler, which is steam/electric/diesel/hydrogen powered and has front cab and cab between loco and tender, with both overhead electric, shoe beam, inside diesel engine and underfloor engine. So ok you guys, design that monster -oh and it must go round 2nd radius. That'll keep you busy.

That's not generic - it's a scale model of the next generation of train.  Standing accommodation for 20 passengers in a 5-car set and go-anywhere capability (pedal power for 'last-mile' operation an option).

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Covkid said:

Diverting very slightly from the thread, do you think you could knock up the Hugh McQuade designed saloon 80776 on the Severn Valley Railway ? I was on night shift with Hugh when he sketched out the layout of 80776 on some TOPS paper in our TOPS office. The BG 80776 was acquired and using standard Mk1 doors and windows he created  

80776...04-10-14-M.jpg

Wow...

And thats not an April fool...

how very cool, a kit built real coach.

https://www.svrwiki.com/BR_80776_Brake_Gangwayed

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

On 01/04/2021 at 15:06, Georgeconna said:

yr joking right?

Well it looked a bit like a wind up when posted on April 1, what got me was the alternating livery sides. :) And IRM/AS past track record has been 100% almost fanatical no compromise on accuracy with scale fidelity and details paramount. No offence was intended.

On 01/04/2021 at 16:11, Mick Bonwick said:

Generic coaches? What a ridiculous idea. Nobody will ever buy things like that.

Waste of effort.

To be serious for a moment, the spoof does rather highlight the ridiculousness of the idea of generic coaches. (I’m heading for a bunker just as fast as I can run.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2021 at 15:45, D9020 Nimbus said:

Sorry, they're too long to fit on my layout. Could you make them the length the Triang coaches were before they produced the scale length mark 1s (9 inches I believe).

How about Bulleid's turf-burning version of Leader to haul them? 

It's been converted to run on lavender water and custard due to the environmental boyos.

On 01/04/2021 at 09:05, woodenhead said:

The really sad thing, they look quite good

Even the NWSE side that looks like it was painted by a 10yo? :) The first thing that tipped me off that this was an April 1 wind up was the use of the word 'generic'. AS/IRM simply don't even have that word in their vocabulary as they have consistently demonstrated an almost fanatically attention to detail and scale fidelity, 'generic' simply doesn't fit in to their corporate thinking, obsession with real detail on every variant has been their mantra from day one. Swiss/German quality model engineering at UK price points.

2 minutes ago, NoelG said:

Even the NWSE side that looks like it was painted by a 10yo? :) The first thing that tipped me off that this was an April 1 wind up was the use of the word 'generic'. AS/IRM simply don't even have that word in their vocabulary as they have consistently demonstrated an almost fanatically attention to detail and scale fidelity, 'generic' simply doesn't fit in to their corporate thinking, obsession with real detail on every variant has been their mantra from day one. Swiss/German quality model engineering at UK price points.

The pictures weren't the giveaway?  That was the first thing in the opening post, I didn't need to look beyond the first corner of a picture.

But I still hold out as a model they look quite good , totally inaccurate but still good.

17 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Do you know who you're insulting?

Of course he doesnt, was done by one of Irelands foremost modellers, as part of Accurascales April 1st Joke and Noel sings this modellers praises elsewhere when he sees the work produced by the person who created the Joke Model, an April 1st Joke which gave us a good laugh. You need a laugh every so often whether its a funny model or people getting all high and mighty about a Joke model

11 hours ago, NoelG said:

Apologies but if it was done by one of the Maestros it was done perhaps while they were also tying their shoe laces.

image.png.f5c79f5eca619ee050ed14a540bbf9a9.png

Think about it, it was an April Fool Windup, Lurpa Loof, Là na Gocaireachd, 'gowking day', or Là Ruith na Cuthaige.......... You know it was a Joke right, to give people a good Laugh, myself included. At least the model was the correct length and not compromised

The Joke worked anyway, plenty of people fooled, not at least yourself Noel. I hear theres another Irish modellers survey being planned

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
On 03/04/2021 at 12:23, Francis deWeck said:

Yes, but the toilet coach would naturally leave the company flushed with success. Of course, this subject might well get bogged down with the details, or even end up on a roll.

Will it be a working toilet coach? Maybe with a range of different ‘materials’ that you can fill a little reservoir from a bottle. And DCC control option to mimic the prototypical practice of flushing whilst its in the station, etc.

Edited by 97406

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, LaGrange said:

. At least the model was the correct length and not compromised

How can it be the correct length if it's generic?

Surely the length should be adjustable?

Maybe you could include bits that plugged together to make it as long, or as short, as the purchaser wanted?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

30 minutes ago, newbryford said:

How can it be the correct length if it's generic?

Surely the length should be adjustable?

Maybe you could include bits that plugged together to make it as long, or as short, as the purchaser wanted?

Probably best follow the Lego principle and supply all the parts then it’s up to the builder which way the parts go together!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Mark Saunders said:

Probably best follow the Lego principle and supply all the parts then it’s up to the builder which way the parts go together!

And in different liveries! Clive Mortimore eat your heart out.

Excellent.

• Like 1