Titfield Thunderbolt 70th Anniversary Range

rapidoandy

• RMweb Gold

There’s also rumour of a remake of The Titfield Thunderbolt, featuring all your favourite contemporary stars:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Brendan O’Carrol (Mrs Brown)

Gemma Collins

Piers Morgan making his acting debut

and featuring Lady Gaga

It’ll be a box office smash!

:laugh:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Harlequin said:

There’s also rumour of a remake of The Titfield Thunderbolt, featuring all your favourite contemporary stars:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Gemma Collins

and featuring Lady Gaga

Aaaargh!!!!!

• Agree 9
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Harlequin said:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Gemma Collins

and featuring Lady Gaga

Dear God!

I would rather shove wasps up my bottom that have such a thing inflicted upon me.....

They'll be doing a big screen remake of Dad's Army next.........oh, hang on....

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I would rather shove wasps up my bottom that have such a thing inflicted upon me.....

While I agree with your overall sentiment, that is a disturbingly specific alternative .... as if you'd actually thought about it!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5

15 hours ago, Harlequin said:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Gemma Collins

and featuring Lady Gaga

With the announcement of the first Archewell Productions series on the 2022 Invicta Games, could this be the second???   A couple of further mug shots could add a touch of royalty!!!

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, Edwardian said:

While I agree with your overall sentiment, that is a disturbingly specific alternative .... as if you'd actually thought about it!

The wasps would be better employed in assaulting the posteriors of most of the persons listed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
On 07/04/2021 at 17:19, Harlequin said:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Gemma Collins

and featuring Lady Gaga

I don't think I've ever come across a film with so many reasons among the cast for not wanting to see it.  Regrettably now that lockdown is being eased one of the most obnoxious among their number might well start showing his face in town here again as he unfortunately only lives a few miles away.  However local downward equilibrium is maintained by the fact that a certain newspaper proprietor of Australian extraction lives a similar distance away in the opposite direction.

• Friendly/supportive 9

3 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I don't think I've ever come across a film with so many reasons among the cast for not wanting to see it.  Regrettably now that lockdown is being eased one of the most obnoxious among their number might well start showing his face in town here again as he unfortunately only lives a few miles away.  However local downward equilibrium is maintained by the fact that a certain newspaper proprietor of Australian extraction lives a similar distance away in the opposite direction.

Surely most if not all the cast of a 1953 film have now passed, if one is still to be seen in your local town is he/she a Zombie - that would be obnoxious.

Or do you mean the potential (please no, not like St Trinians) remake with all our favourite stars - maybe this time that elusive asteroid will hit the set just when the cast are there but not the crew.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Surely most if not all the cast of a 1953 film have now passed, if one is still to be seen in your local town is he/she a Zombie - that would be obnoxious.

Or do you mean the potential (please no, not like St Trinians) remake with all our favourite stars - maybe this time that elusive asteroid will hit the set just when the cast are there but not the crew.

All of the original cast have now passed away. The only survivors of those who took part were some locals recruited as extras who were children at the time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 07/04/2021 at 17:19, Harlequin said:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Gemma Collins

and featuring Lady Gaga

Despite me thinking this is a ruse, I feel compelled to say that I think a remake makes no sense unless it's a period piece - either set in the same period, or, at worst, during the Beeching cuts. Any attempt to do something similar in any other setting just doesn't work, and I can't see modern 'comedy' actors such as those mentioned being any good in a period setting.

Edited by Ian J.
tidy up grandma
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Despite me thinking this is a ruse, I feel compelled to say that I think a remake makes no sense unless it's a period piece - either set in the same period, or, at worst, during the Beeching cuts. Any attempt to do something similar in any other setting just doesn't work, and I can't see modern 'comedy' actors such as those mentioned being any good in a period setting.

Some of those on the list are no good in ANY setting, IMHO.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Agree 10

1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

What you need is the ‘Carry on ‘ principle of having actors who could do comedy rather than the having comedians that can’t!

The recent Dads Army proved this!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I thought Bill Nighy;s character in Love Actually summed it up rather well when he addressed "Ant or Dec" 

James Corden I struggle to like.

As for Brandy-Wandy .... 

Danny Dyer .... I've heard the name, but honestly have no idea who he is.

Katie Hopkins isn't she some insane fascist famous for being an insane fascist?

Brendan O’Carrol - never heard of him.

Gemma Collins ditto

Truly, in this case, I am confident that ignorance is bliss. 

• Agree 5
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

An Essex Girl, recently expunged from the dictionary, owing to infrequency of citation.

I think that means she must be a Girl from Essex.

Which reminds me of that whole Kentish Man v. Man of Kent thing. Every time I try to get on top of that one, my head unscrews and clatters to the floor.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Which reminds me of that whole Kentish Man v. Man of Kent thing. Every time I try to get on top of that one, my head unscrews and clatters to the floor.

Easy-peasy. Engine of Kent:

image.png.1608da70fb7798f1331d171525fc67a7.png

Kentish Engine:

image.png.dee21d651406afc55ea7e457f738e611.png

• Like 3
  • Funny 3