Titfield Thunderbolt 70th Anniversary Range

rapidoandy

1 hour ago, CathcartCircle said:

Would love to preorder but won’t  without a price, any update on that? 

The best thing for anyone is to subscribe to their email newsletter(*), in which case you would have on Friday been treated to this explanation(**)

We also know that you can't wait to order our The Titfield Thunderbolt projects. We're holding off taking orders for now just in case we come across any nasty (or expensive) surprises during the design process that would require the RRP to go up. Please be patient with us - we know that you can’t wait to order these items!

People should also take into consideration that Rapido UK had to announce this earlier than they likely wanted to after Hornby rushed out their announcement about Lion, hence why several things are still essentially in progress.

** - Newsletter #4 with the update with the quote above - https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Rapido-UK-News---No--4.html?soid=1101318906379&aid=g38eSrTC7BI

Edited by mdvle
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, dibber25 said:

There's a very nice high-definition version of the film available on Amazon Prime. Way better than the DVD version that I've enjoyed up to now. (CJL)

You can buy the remastered Blu-Ray DVD version, so much better than the original....watched it last week again, well had to....Mrs BB is away :D

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 26/08/2021 at 18:45, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

Just a heads-up for anyone in the UK, the film is on tomorrow (Friday) at 2:30pm on BBC2.

And for those that still have not watched it (or who want to watch it again), it is only available on BBC iPlayer until this Sunday (26th).

Roy

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hi Andy.

As this is likely to be a deluxe version of this prototype, which has previously been produced by both EFE and Corgi Original Omnibus, will it have any special features. Like for example a posable sliding door or sliding roof section ?

I would expect that there would be top range version with working lights as per the other Rapido buses.

All the best

Ray

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 26/09/2021 at 11:29, PhilJ W said:

A bit of a quandry for Rapido. Do you go for the actual type of vehicle that featured in the film or chose another less accurate prototype. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The Duple Bedford OBs had at least 4 different arrangements of the rear lights, rear fleetname panel, rear beading etc. If it is the Crump & Pearce version, the aficionados will balk at "their" favourite livery on the wrong rear. 

Selection of Duple (and other) OB rears

Edited by Mike Harvey
added photo link
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

A bit of a quandry for Rapido. Do you go for the actual type of vehicle that featured in the film or chose another less accurate prototype. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

A quote from the very first post in this topic:

These will be the most accurate The Titfield Thunderbolt models ever produced

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

OK, that's possibly not quite as sharp an intake of breath when I saw the prices as I'd been expecting. I think I can justify that, on the basis that, well, you don't see one of those every day. Although now I have to decide whether to go for the sound fitted one or not. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Helmdon said:

was just about to ask the same question - gave them a blank cheque pre-order. Relieved not to have bankrupted myself!

:lol: well got the standard email,saying they have now been priced by RoS…..and I checked I have still the pre order on my list….excellent.

I thought this bit of the description from Rapido was quite amusing…..

”All versions feature die-cast metal and injection moulded plastic construction, a high quality motor and mechanism, Next18 decoder socket, NEM coupler pockets and a coupler that enables it to couple to other historic coaches from other manufacturers.”

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

The set's not for me but the Loriot and at least a couple of the W&U coaches cannot and will not be resisted.

John

Both sets are for me……my favourite film, well with trains in.

Not giving them to anyone :triniti:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Georgeconna said:

fingers crossed that Rails dont have a spat between themsevles and Eapido and leave their customers in Limbo ala the Hornby mess.

There's no need for rubbish like that. You do like trying to troll in my view. The next time you do it, whether it's F1 or topics like this your access permissions will get trimmed.

• Like 7