Jump to content

Titfield Thunderbolt 70th Anniversary Range


rapidoandy
 Share

Recommended Posts

For those who intimated about Ivor that will be good with a DCC sound system and perhaps Rhod Gilbert doing voice over?

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit to putting Ivor through the suggestion page on Rapidos website. I would love one and they must be a fairly simple engine to achieve having seen the motor tech on the Hornby Pecketts and Hattons Barclays  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/04/2021 at 12:04, Ian Morgan said:

Ivor the Engine next please?

 

There is a rumour of a film...

 

 

There's only one reply to this.... Gladstone!

  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

There’s also rumour of a remake of The Titfield Thunderbolt, featuring all your favourite contemporary stars:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Brendan O’Carrol (Mrs Brown)

Gemma Collins

Piers Morgan making his acting debut

and featuring Lady Gaga


It’ll be a box office smash!
 

:laugh:

  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harlequin said:

There’s also rumour of a remake of The Titfield Thunderbolt, featuring all your favourite contemporary stars:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Brendan O’Carrol (Mrs Brown)

Gemma Collins

Piers Morgan making his acting debut

and featuring Lady Gaga


It’ll be a box office smash!
 

:laugh:

Aaaargh!!!!!

  • Agree 9
  • Funny 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Harlequin said:

There’s also rumour of a remake of The Titfield Thunderbolt, featuring all your favourite contemporary stars

 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Harlequin said:

There’s also rumour of a remake of The Titfield Thunderbolt, featuring all your favourite contemporary stars:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Brendan O’Carrol (Mrs Brown)

Gemma Collins

Piers Morgan making his acting debut

and featuring Lady Gaga


It’ll be a box office smash!
 

:laugh:

 

 

Dear God!

 

I would rather shove wasps up my bottom that have such a thing inflicted upon me.....

 

They'll be doing a big screen remake of Dad's Army next.........oh, hang on....

 

 

Rob. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

 

I would rather shove wasps up my bottom that have such a thing inflicted upon me.....

 

 

 

While I agree with your overall sentiment, that is a disturbingly specific alternative .... as if you'd actually thought about it!

  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Harlequin said:

There’s also rumour of a remake of The Titfield Thunderbolt, featuring all your favourite contemporary stars:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Brendan O’Carrol (Mrs Brown)

Gemma Collins

Piers Morgan making his acting debut

and featuring Lady Gaga


It’ll be a box office smash!
 

:laugh:

With the announcement of the first Archewell Productions series on the 2022 Invicta Games, could this be the second???   A couple of further mug shots could add a touch of royalty!!!

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Edwardian said:

 

While I agree with your overall sentiment, that is a disturbingly specific alternative .... as if you'd actually thought about it!

The wasps would be better employed in assaulting the posteriors of most of the persons listed.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
On 07/04/2021 at 17:19, Harlequin said:

There’s also rumour of a remake of The Titfield Thunderbolt, featuring all your favourite contemporary stars:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Brendan O’Carrol (Mrs Brown)

Gemma Collins

Piers Morgan making his acting debut

and featuring Lady Gaga


It’ll be a box office smash!
 

:laugh:

I don't think I've ever come across a film with so many reasons among the cast for not wanting to see it.  Regrettably now that lockdown is being eased one of the most obnoxious among their number might well start showing his face in town here again as he unfortunately only lives a few miles away.  However local downward equilibrium is maintained by the fact that a certain newspaper proprietor of Australian extraction lives a similar distance away in the opposite direction.

  • Friendly/supportive 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I don't think I've ever come across a film with so many reasons among the cast for not wanting to see it.  Regrettably now that lockdown is being eased one of the most obnoxious among their number might well start showing his face in town here again as he unfortunately only lives a few miles away.  However local downward equilibrium is maintained by the fact that a certain newspaper proprietor of Australian extraction lives a similar distance away in the opposite direction.

Surely most if not all the cast of a 1953 film have now passed, if one is still to be seen in your local town is he/she a Zombie - that would be obnoxious.

 

Or do you mean the potential (please no, not like St Trinians) remake with all our favourite stars - maybe this time that elusive asteroid will hit the set just when the cast are there but not the crew.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Surely most if not all the cast of a 1953 film have now passed, if one is still to be seen in your local town is he/she a Zombie - that would be obnoxious.

 

Or do you mean the potential (please no, not like St Trinians) remake with all our favourite stars - maybe this time that elusive asteroid will hit the set just when the cast are there but not the crew.

All of the original cast have now passed away. The only survivors of those who took part were some locals recruited as extras who were children at the time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/04/2021 at 17:19, Harlequin said:

There’s also rumour of a remake of The Titfield Thunderbolt, featuring all your favourite contemporary stars:

James Corden

Russel Brand

Danny Dyer

Ant & Dec

Katie Hopkins

Katie Price

Brendan O’Carrol (Mrs Brown)

Gemma Collins

Piers Morgan making his acting debut

and featuring Lady Gaga


It’ll be a box office smash!
 

:laugh:

 

Despite me thinking this is a ruse, I feel compelled to say that I think a remake makes no sense unless it's a period piece - either set in the same period, or, at worst, during the Beeching cuts. Any attempt to do something similar in any other setting just doesn't work, and I can't see modern 'comedy' actors such as those mentioned being any good in a period setting.

Edited by Ian J.
tidy up grandma
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

 

Despite me thinking this is a ruse, I feel compelled to say that I think a remake makes no sense unless it's a period piece - either set in the same period, or, at worst, during the Beeching cuts. Any attempt to do something similar in any other setting just doesn't work, and I can't see modern 'comedy' actors such as those mentioned being any good in a period setting.

Some of those on the list are no good in ANY setting, IMHO.

 

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Agree 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

 

Despite me thinking this is a ruse, I feel compelled to say that I think a remake makes no sense unless it's a period piece - either set in the same period, or, at worst, during the Beeching cuts. Any attempt to do something similar in any other setting just doesn't work, and I can't see modern 'comedy' actors such as those mentioned being any good in a period setting.

What you need is the ‘Carry on ‘ principle of having actors who could do comedy rather than the having comedians that can’t!

 

The recent Dads Army proved this!

  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Bill Nighy;s character in Love Actually summed it up rather well when he addressed "Ant or Dec" 

 

James Corden I struggle to like.

 

As for Brandy-Wandy .... 

 

Danny Dyer .... I've heard the name, but honestly have no idea who he is.

 

Katie Hopkins isn't she some insane fascist famous for being an insane fascist?

 

Brendan O’Carrol - never heard of him.

 

Gemma Collins ditto

 

Truly, in this case, I am confident that ignorance is bliss. 

  • Agree 5
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

 

An Essex Girl, recently expunged from the dictionary, owing to infrequency of citation.

 

I think that means she must be a Girl from Essex.

 

Which reminds me of that whole Kentish Man v. Man of Kent thing. Every time I try to get on top of that one, my head unscrews and clatters to the floor.

  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Which reminds me of that whole Kentish Man v. Man of Kent thing. Every time I try to get on top of that one, my head unscrews and clatters to the floor.

 

Easy-peasy. Engine of Kent:

 

image.png.1608da70fb7798f1331d171525fc67a7.png

 

Kentish Engine:

 

image.png.dee21d651406afc55ea7e457f738e611.png

  • Like 2
  • Funny 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...