Cakebox 2021 - Call for entries

• Administrators

It's Easter and so that means it's time to stuff your face with chocolate enter your Cake Box Challenge models into the competition.

Please send 3 photos and 200(ish) words describing your model to: phil.parker@warnersgroup.co.uk

One of the photos should be an overall view of the model - the other two can be from any angle you like. It's up to you to make your model as visually appealing as possible - I'm happy to tweak colours and shadows, but I can't compose your image. Mobile phone shots will be fine for this, you don't need a mega camera. JPG files, and the largest file size possible please.

Deadline to get these in will be a generous 17th April. Any entries after this date will be ignored. If you want to wait until the last minute and panic finish over Easter, that's fine, no-one will know.

The words should tell us a bit about your model. It's worth mentioning any special methods or features in there that you are proud of. 200 might sound like a lot, but I assure you, it's not and so part of the skill will be to edit down and not waffle. Don't forget to mention the materials used, since making good use of the things that you find,  things that the everyday folks leave behind, is part of the competition.

Once I have the entries, I'll set each one up with a web page, linked off a main page. There will then be a voting form, but when that goes live depends how many last minute panic entries we get. :dirol_mini:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Some terrific entries in now. Because I'm feeling kind, and I can't type much because I burnt my finger while soldering, you can have a few more hours if anyone is wavering.

I'll aim to get the voting up and running at the end of the week.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Administrators

OK - 11 models set up. I'll sort out the voting for the end of the week.

I can promise you a difficult choice. All the entries are superb and picking one out from them is going to be tough. I don't know which I'd go for.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

OK - 11 models set up. I'll sort out the voting for the end of the week.

I can promise you a difficult choice. All the entries are superb and picking one out from them is going to be tough. I don't know which I'd go for.

Give everyone 11 votes?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2