Eileen's Emporium

russ p

• RMweb Gold

Anyone know if this lot are actually open? I ordered some ratio signals from them about ten days ago received an email from PayPal saying I have paid for them but nothing from the seller .

I have tried calling them but no answer and left messages but no response 

• RMweb Premium

EFFECT OF LOCKDOWN

We are continuing to work as normally as we can during lockdown. The lockdown is causing a slight overload, so we are a little slower than usual. Also it is draining our stocks and those of our suppliers. Thank you for your support during this situation. We are not making any provision for personal collection until further notice..

From their website

• Thanks 1

I have a very substantial order that I paid for at the end of November. Waiting for Gibson wheels since then. They can't help it if they cannot get parts from suppliers. Sit, wait and be patient.

Regards,

Craig W

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Bluemonkey presents.... said:

I understand that they have had some problems with the email system and not receiving a lot of emails. 

I have had a couple of e-mails from Derek Russon in connection with an order.

3 minutes ago, Craigw said:

I have a very substantial order that I paid for at the end of November. Waiting for Gibson wheels since then.

I have some Gibson wheels waiting as part of the order referred to above. They helpfully suggested that they could send the items that they did have in stock, without having to wait for the remaining Gibson wheels, if I paid an additional modest amount for the postage, which I was happy to do. The remaining wheels will follow when they are available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ordered a few things about a week ago, they have acknowledged my order, but not all items are in stock. They offered to send the items that were in stock and the rest when they are delivered to them.

All appears to be okay.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I've rang them and left a message again and said if they don't contact me in 24hrs I will ring PayPal 

Their postage wasn't cheap and if the items aren't in stock they should have told me .

I've left them a message a week ago and no response,  I certainly won't use them again 

On 03/04/2021 at 10:50, russ p said:

Anyone know if this lot are actually open? I ordered some ratio signals from them about ten days ago received an email from PayPal saying I have paid for them but nothing from the seller .

I have tried calling them but no answer and left messages but no response 

I had the same problem, have you tried Facebook messenger? They replied within an hour to my message vice at least a dozen phone calls and three voicemails left with zero response.

On 06/04/2021 at 16:47, russ p said:

I've rang them and left a message again and said if they don't contact me in 24hrs I will ring PayPal 

Their postage wasn't cheap and if the items aren't in stock they should have told me .

I've left them a message a week ago and no response,  I certainly won't use them again 

I had the same, ordered two Parkside kits that appeared to be in stock no “out of stock” etc, paid via the website but then found out they didn’t actually have them in stock. A bit of drama getting a refund, and somewhat rude as well so I won’t be using them again either.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I left them a message and sent an email and to their credit got a full refund but no contact or explanation but over two weeks.  I won't be using them again either 

From the contact I had with them the chap I “spoke” to did give across a tone of I should be grateful they’ve choose to allow me to shop with them, not that they should be grateful I wanted to shop with them.

This is a reason why I’m nervous about using small retailers, they don’t seem to have polices or a set in stone process for dealing with issues. It seems like if you catch them in a good mood you’ll be sorted out, if not then tough.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I don't like retailers that take order for items they don't have In stock when the website says they do , and ones that if you order more than they have then they hold the rest of the order until they receive more stock to save on postage 

To be fair most online retailers i have used during lockdown have been fine

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

As I mentioned previously, my order was a substantial one - 150 GB. Having been a satisfied customer of Eileens for quite a few years I felt they deserved a fair go especially when they had explained the source of the delay and how overdue some of their orders were. Today though, I arrived home to find a parcel with everything I ordered. As soon as they get an export process in place again, I will be back. 

Regards,

Craig W

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...