Fiddle Yard OO Gauge

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Harlequin said:

We have discussed these issues in this forum before in @Chimer‘s last great layout thread and you will find some drawings of different ideas if you're interested.

Seeing this reference, I looked back at that thread and realised I'd never posted my final thoughts .... so I have now, if anyone's still interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Struggling to process all the comments - but have made some further amends. I've moved the loop into the top left corner, and have the fiddle yard tracks accessing the loop. I've also indicated where the entrance way to the operating well is. If I go with the ramp idea, then I will likely have these on hinges so that they can lift up out of the way, perhaps with the scenic layout on hinges too, so I'm not having to crouch down to get in/out!

As others have rightly pointed out, I'll need to think about the interference re baseboard frame and point motors. Also, I'm perhaps most nervous about the 3-4 points in the top left of the board - since these are probably some of the least accessible. I'm not sure if points tend to fail fast, rather than randomly, if so, I should be ok, as don't anticipate getting on to the scenic level for some time, so would have plenty of time to see how they get on.

On the lift, I'm minded to keep it in situ for now, and then perhaps make a final call on whether to actually make use of it, once I've (eventually) got started on the scenic level.

1550609599_NewLayout2021v8.jpg.492cc052e01d98efaa7a2da6a0490ce8.jpg