Signalling diagram for Sleaford

TravisM

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jools,

I take your point about not having sufficient room to fit all the signals you would like into the space available, always difficult and compounded by the fact you are modelling, a small section at least, a real location.

Do I take it that you intend to a fiddle yard at either end of the layout "off scene"?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, iands said:

Hi Jools,

I take your point about not having sufficient room to fit all the signals you would like into the space available, always difficult and compounded by the fact you are modelling, a small section at least, a real location.

Do I take it that you intend to a fiddle yard at either end of the layout "off scene"?

Hi Ian,

Yes, the fiddle yards will be hidden behind scenic boards, the trees and shrubs will be used to hide the entrances to the fiddle yards, so in effect they will be “hidden within plain sight”.  Hopefully with the restrictions being lifted, I can hand over the extra the items needed to get the track laid and finished, bar the scenic work by the middle of the summer.

• RMweb Premium
On 10/04/2021 at 17:42, jools1959 said:

Hi Ian,

Yes, you are correct regarding SE45 and SE48, with SE44 controlling the eastbound movements (hopefully).  I did think about including SE29 but considering the distance between the signal and the junction, I didn’t have the room to make it look realistic.  If I have room, I’ll add a extra siding in the Sleaford hidden sidings so I can run three different EMT Class 153’s on the Peterborough - Lincoln shuttles.

Only 3 different 153s?

Go back to 2008 and you could have many more, here are 4 different liveries in one shot....

153308_311_376_319.JPG.10f5cfbac17ac6206b716e5fb5d22a32.JPG

That is 308 in Wessex black, 311 in RR, 319 in Arriva and 376 in CT green.

When you add in the others plus 158s around that time, there was an abundance of liveries.

W&W orange, EMT, Northern spirit blue on 153s

Alpha line silver, Northern spirit burgendy (ex TPE with and without CT branding), CT green, EMT on 158s

Plus the 156s which were either CT green or EMT

Plus you can mix and match on summer weekends with Skeggie 158/153 x2 combos

Edited by Davexoc
Photo restored
  • Like 1