Best "Water" which won't discolour with age/ UV

Hi all - apologies if this has been aired before (but even if it has, things might have moved on). 

I am constructing a waterfall and need a product which will enable me to model the cascading water but won't fade with UV/ age. The wonderful marklinofsweden flagged this issue in a waterfall tutorial and advised viewers to check the latest products/ experiences in the forums. 

He indicated that some products could turn brown within a few months. 

All thoughts welcome! 

Cheers, and thanks in anticipation  :-) 

• RMweb Premium

I've used Woodland Scenics Realistic Water. I poured it several years ago now and it does not appear to have changed colour. I have only used it for still water however not for a moving water scene. 

Many thanks, Kris, and much appreciated. For those who have not seen the video, it's here (with the warnings of UV discolouration starting at 8 min 29 sec). This video was apparently made in 2016. 

BTW, the pools produced using this video are awesome - stunning colour and real "depth". And all from some toilet roll, white glue and a few layers of high gloss varnish. I skipped the additional coat of white glue over the varnish (12 mins in) and just kept going with the varnish. 4-5 coats are perfect. 

On 12/04/2021 at 13:42, AlanRM said:

Thanks again Kris – but can anyone confirm the long term viability of Woodland Scenics Realistic Water and Woodland Scenics Water Effect in natural sunlight?

I’d like to use both

Thanks!

Why not paint some on a white base and leave it for a few weeks to see what happens. You could accelerate the process by leaving it in UV light.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Last months Railway Modeller has an article about constructing a waterfall using crystal clear sealant. I am sure u can get some which is UV resistant from a diy store. The article was by the lady from the Ch 5 model railway challenge show.