Get Britain Modelling forum - An island?

• RMweb Gold

The Get Britain Modelling forum seems to be a place for people to ask any question about any subject and post any content - the same sorts of things that are already discussed and posted in RMWeb's main forums.

This seems to be a bit unstructured and kind of fighting against the organised layout of the rest of RMWeb - a little isolated island where "mainland" RMWeb people might not visit so much. So the “islanders” might not get the benefits of being in the "mainland" community.

Am I right to be slightly worried about it?

Edited by Harlequin

• Harlequin changed the title to Get Britain Modelling forum - An island?
  • Moderators

It's a bit of an annoying one Phil; someone else wanted the area so that mag-led initiatives could be grouped in there and it's not really been developed in there apart from Phil's Cakeboxes. It then became, as you observe, a random dumping ground for the lost and lazy (a bit like Modelling Musings & Miscellany used to be) where OPs rarely returned to respond to answers, or the question was never noticed as it was posted in the wrong area. I hadn't the time to run around after misplaced stuff to be honest so it did become an island, Fresh Kills on Staten Island springs to mind.

I've just spent a largely pointless hour moving the random stuff to where it should gone in the first place and now made any new topics subject to mod approval so I can throw into the right corner as and when someone does a drive-by question.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4