South African Steam in 1972.

Evening All,

Back in 1972, I went on a three week tour of South Africa and Mozambique, both countries being a Mecca for steam starved Brits!  Now, nearly 50 years later, I have started putting a few photos from that trip on YouTube and if anyone would like to see them, here's the link; I hope they're of interest:

TTFN,

Ron.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Evening All,

I have now put a further selection of South Africa steam pictures on my YouTube channel.  This time, the pictures are from Capital Park MPD in Pretoria.  Hope they're of interest:

TTFN,

Ron.

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Good afternoon, 

The third slideshow of photos taken in South Africa in 1972 is now on my YouTube channel. The pictures were taken at Braamfontein, Kaserne and Springs MPDs in or near Johannesburg.  Hope they're of interest:

TTFN,

Ron.

Edited by 45669
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Afternoon All,

I have been putting some more photos from my trip to southern Africa in 1972 on my YouTube channel if anyone would like to have a look.  The latest one isn't in South Africa though, because we made a detour to see trains in Swaziland and Moçambique; what we saw there was wonderous to behold:

Take a look; I'm sure you wont be disappointed!

TTFN,

Ron.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Evening All,

I've just put another short album of photos from my 1972 tour of southern Africa on YouTube; it covers the delights of Mason's Mill shed in Pietermaritzburg, plus a footplate ride on a GMAM class 4-8-2 + 4-8-2 Beyer Garratt:

Previous pictures can be seen in this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFsbViNeGSHkvf06mbJ4f-wyYL9dX-zwA

Hope they're of interest.

TTFN,

Ron.

• 3 weeks later...