Possible replacement chassis for Class 31

Downer

hi

this week my friend bought a 31 sound chip for his green loco took body off and the buffer beam castings just dropped off so he stripped loco and chucked chassis in the bin

and said thats the last Hornby loco i will be buying?Well i have 2 blue to look at so i will have to see if i am lucky.

i told him to send it back to Hornby but he said its to much trouble but will Hornby sell him one.

hugh

Sounds pretty stupid and reactionary to me when Hornby are doing the repair for free.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Having followed this thread and the developing situation with regard to chassis and body failures, is it "safe" to buy a R2421 in BR Dutch?

Previously I've held off buying this model. But this loco fit with my currently modelling period, but don't want a bundle of trouble either!

Having followed this thread and the developing situation with regard to chassis and body failures, is it "safe" to buy a R2421 in BR Dutch?

Previously I've held off buying this model. But this loco fit with my currently modelling period, but don't want a bundle of trouble either!

I have both R2420 and R2421. R2420 has failed and is at Hornby awaiting repair. So far my R2421 is fine, but I think other people have had problems with it.

Phil.

My 'Dutch' 31 is back at Hornby broken chassis both ends. My opinion, but dont touch with a barge pole.

Archived