Lockdown oo project

benzino

Hi everyone. Last summer during first (or was it second lockdown) I decided I wanted to play trains again (last time I had a layout was the 90s) but lack of indoor space dictated I would have to move outside for anything of decent size. Construction is gravelboards, square pvc pipe, wood posts and  fence post mounts. Mostly reclaimed.

I'm using my old analogue guagemaster controller and waterproof switches from b&q for isolating sections.

I bought a box of used code 100 and good used points. Insulfrog in the 'fiddleyard' section but I've wired four electrofrog points with waterproof microswitch for the planned small depot area and station passing loop for shunting. Trackplan is simple because outdoor maintenance. All track linked with soldered joints, points modified for outdoors etc.

Finally getting round to finish the trackwork but rain has stopped play pat couple of days! Trains seem to be running ok on the loop after winter at least. 

20210409_152418.jpg

20210408_184952.jpg

Edited by benzino

Testing trackwork after winter with a long rake of the old Hornby MGR's. If there's bad trackwork they'll find it! Went round perfect after adjusting one point blade a little 

Edited by benzino
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...