Settle & Carlisle tunnel portals

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the process of modifying my existing layout to give it a S&C flavor. Part of the work involves modifying my scenery to include a tunnel. I have been looking on the internet (including RMweb) and like the look of Shotlock Hill Tunnel.

Are there any commercially available portals that are similar or is there a template to assist scratch building? From observation the tunnel portals have an elliptical shape that I'd like to replicate.

Thanks & regards

Andrew

When building my own layout, I wanted something more representative so I paid more attention than normal to the shape & size of tunnel mouths. Having just googled it, Shotlock looks pretty typical to me.

I therefore found it frustrating that commercially available tunnel mouths were all too short & fat. They look nothing like what I have seen anywhere.

My solution was to take photos & a friend traced them into Illustrator for laser cutting. Mine are tapered at the bottom but the fast line one is quite tall so you may be able to chop a bit off the bottom? The only possible drawback is that I use a slightly narrow (more accurate) six foot than streamline. Mine are also brick tunnel arches,

I can't simply convert my artwork to laser cut a stone portal & laser cutting would not work to well for representing the stone texture anyway. I would be happy to laser cut a couple of portals (assuming my cutter still works - I've not used it for over a year) but I don't think a brick portal will be much use to you.

The artwork may be an aid for scratchbuilding. I will happily share that.