A point that appears to be colour coded!

When i had been for my Jab

I noticed this point behind the tram stop

It appears to be half way thru a renewal, and I took a pic cos I had never seen a point so new but undressed as it were....

point.jpg.ca95f849942c993cda0392f0dbcaa0b0.jpg

Edited by LBRJ

• LBRJ changed the title to A point that appears to be colour coded!

Twenty years ago, some S&T men decorated a set of points located in the Herne Hill area, painting and picking out the individual parts in red goid blue etc, it was just a prank, but some high-level manager spotted their handiwork and made enquiries,  it was only a prank but the prank grew legs and soon   embellished into a story of a "special trial of a n experimental maintenance regime for S&C",  cue awards / letters of commendation and reports and feature write ups and photographs in the house journal.  Another example of the railway saying "B*llsh*t Baffles Brains"

• Like 2

Some time ago, during an archaeological survey of a Roman field system in the Peak District by mature students, attention turned to an 18th century field wall on Roman foundations. It zig-zagged down a slope at quite a regular 'wavelength' whilst its partner on the other side of the lane was ruler straight. After much discussion of theories including building it round now-gone trees, Kev the Postman came up with Rouane's Theory of Distracted Artisans. This roughly stated that one should never try to find too much logic in anything done by a gang of blokes, especially bored ones. 

• Like 1