Is there a scale of narrow gauge that fits with OO?

Esmedune

Hello all,

I am a novice. I know a bit, but I am no expert on about 99% of railways. So I am wondering if a few experts could help me out. I want to build my dad's train from the Rocket 150 event. in OO gauge I know he is driving a Stanier Black 5, but I am investigating the rolling stock to make this train, but I think the most difficult thing will to be finding a correctly scaled model of the narrow gauge loco "The Earl" 

Is there a scale that would allow me to place it on this train? And is there a model kit of the loco I can source?

This video is lined up at nearly the correct point to see this train, give it a few seconds ;-).

Thanks in advance?

Edited by Esmedune
Video starts a bit early.

You want the same scale, of course: 4mm scale. The real thing runs on 2' 6" gauge track which scales out at 10mm, though most people would run it on 9mm gauge track as "009". As far as I know the only kit that has been produced for The Earl was the one by Golden Arrow Productions, (picture of an assembled kit) unfortunately though, at present it is listed as 'not available'. As a wagon load it could be static of course but , perhaps surprisingly, I couldn't find anything on Shapeways. If I do hear of a 4mm scale model I'll post news here.

Edited by BernardTPM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/04/2021 at 04:06, Esmedune said:

Hello all,

I am a novice. I know a bit, but I am no expert on about 99% of railways. So I am wondering if a few experts could help me out. I want to build my dad's train from the Rocket 150 event. in OO gauge I know he is driving a Stanier Black 5, but I am investigating the rolling stock to make this train, but I think the most difficult thing will to be finding a correctly scaled model of the narrow gauge loco "The Earl"

I was one of the crew of Jinty 7298 which acted as 'shed pilot' at Bold and took this photo of 5000 going off shed at Bold Colliery on the last day of the event.  Perhaps this was your Dad in my photo?

Cheers,

Ray.

I-80-31 LMS 5000 Bold 5.80 - Copy.jpg

• Like 4